MaddLibb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was so excited when I purchased my Bionic in September.

I left AT&T for you, Verizon, because you have a better network - or you did with my Rhapsody. Now I have this beautiful Bionic, for which the local Verizon stores cannot seem to sell me an extended battery, which I need. And they give me inconsistent feedback about the size of the extended battery and whether I need a different case to accomodate it. I've gotten over that (for now). I just bring my power cable and expect to have to plug in sometime during the day if I use the phone at all. 

My bigger issue is that I have this phone for business. I receive email all day long and need to be notified when I receive email. This Bionic does not hold a network connection. I have been to the Verizon store and they have given me a new sim card. I still have end up rebooting, going back and forth to airplane mode, or removing the battery to recover the network connection regularly. Today, I am in Charlotte NC, where I have 5 bars... and suddenly no network all afternoon. I have tried all of the aforementioned tricks, to no avail. (I reseated the sim card, too)

I cannot use this phone for business if I cannot get email notifications and text messages.

Is there a software update that I need? 

What can I do?

Is the Razr better?

Help!!!

0 Likes
Re: No G
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
LOL no G? that sounds funny. Hope this gets resolved for you.
0 Likes
LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well "No G" is a known issue at the moment with the new 5.5.893 update.

I have the very same issue!!!!

No lead time on a fix obviously but I'd bet $1,000,000,000,000 no fix is in the works as ICS 4.0 will be released before anyone would even figure out what the issue is.

So sit tight is what I keep hearing...or be patient...or a fix will be pushed out as soon as it's available...yada yada yada

So in the meantime until an update for the new update is pushed out or ICS is pushed out we all have to deal with a REALLY expensive not-so-smart phone with terrible data connectivity

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

So sit tight is what I keep hearing...or be patient...or a fix will be pushed out as soon as it's available...yada yada yada

So in the meantime until an update for the new update is pushed out or ICS is pushed out we all have to deal with a REALLY expensive not-so-smart phone with terrible data connectivity

Exactly. They should advertise it that way on television.

Joey

0 Likes