No Service while others have it
kmcpherson

For the past few days my phone (Droid 2) has been showing extended service or no service while in my home. This is frustrating because I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years and have not had problems with the phone while in my home. My husband's phone is not having any problem getting service. I have no problem getting service when I am at work or outside my home. Why is it just now? just my phone? just when I am at home?

We are also having problem with our broadband card. We can connect to our in home network but cannot connect to the internet. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: No Service while others have it
kmcpherson

Spoke to someone at the local retailer and was told to call *228 and chose option 2. No luck. Still have extended network and no signal. Does anyone else have a trick or method that could work?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located?  Can you go to an area with native Verizon Wireless service and update the Roaming PRL from there?  The *228, option 2 won't work in an extended network location.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kmcpherson

I did that. When I was at work I had a strong Verizon signal and did *228 option 2. It said it was successful but when I got home it was back to extended.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can check in to the reason why everything is showing extended network all of a sudden, kmcpherson.
Where are you located? (city/state)
Since your phone is showing extended network, *228 won't work. We will need to manually program the Droid as well as the Droid 2.
Please call us from an alternate phone when you can  by dialing 800.922.0204 option 3 and we can walk you though the manual programming steps and get a trouble ticket filed.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes