No Wifi or bluetooth connection since kitkat update
ashley1of3

Since the kit kat update my Razr M will not connect to Wifi or Bluetooth (not so worried about bluetooth I rarely use it) after reading suggestions from Verizon reps on the forums for similar questions I preformed multiple soft resets with no luck, finally I did a factory reset this did not work either any better suggestions. From some of the other post I've seen getting a new phone didn't help either as once the update ran on the new phone it had the same issues.

0 Likes
Re: No Wifi or bluetooth connection since kitkat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ashley1of3, thanks for trying. We don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Does your device have any physical or liquid damage? What happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi? Have you tried connecting to different Wi-Fi's with your device?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ashley1of3

There is no damage, the toggle to turn on WiFi will not toggle to the on position and if you open the Wifi screen where you would normally see connections there is nothing there at the bottom you have the double arrow symbol the plus sign and 3 dots that I believe would be considered a sub menu the 3 dots are the only thing that will bring up anything when you touch it where the others I remember having something come up before the problems when you touch the dots it brings up a blacked out box you can read scan, WPS Pin entry Wi-fi Direct, Advanced and Manage Networks however the only option that is white and can touch is Advanced. when on that screen Network notification and Wi-Fi notifications are blacked out. I have tried changing the WiFi frequency band as i had seen that as an option to try previously in another thread however when i change it to the 5GHz only it immediately reverts back to auto.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ashley1of3,

Let's get this wifi connection back in business! Have you tried connecting to another wifi connection? If so, has a master reset been done since the software update and the wifi issues? You can do a master reset by following these steps: http://vz.to/1qRZTFW

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ashley1of3

I cannot try connecting to another wifi connection as the wifi will not turn on to allow me to try a connection. Yes a factory/master reset has been done twice since the issue started.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us in the loop ashley1of3. Have you attempted to take the device into your local VZW Store so we can review the device? To locate your nearest store please visit http://bit.ly/3SdsA. Also, have you reached out to Motorola regarding this matter http://bit.ly/1mwbjfb? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ashley1of3

Verizon store had a new phone sent because there is a known issue with the update. New phone is working it is still running the 4.1 which is fine and I have denied the update when it has prompted much rather have a phone that works than one running an update that didn't really have any good qualities.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear that a replacement was provided ashley1of3! Please keep us posted if we can provide any further assistance going forward. Have a great weekend!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes