No linked facebook contact pictures when opening text messages after recent update
Jham0401
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently updated my inc 2 to the new firmware and now when I open my text messages, the contact pictures do not appear before the message anymore. They are there when you open the message but not in the text message home screen. Anyone else have this problem or know what is going on? Thanks.

Re: No linked facebook contact pictures when opening text messages after recent update
theaustinmonk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem!!!

0 Likes
Re: No linked facebook contact pictures when opening text messages after recent update
shareeanne

I have the same problem with my Incredible 2 after I updated it last night. Also my WiFi isn't working anymore. I couldn't connect to my WiFi. I had to get a phone replacement this morning because my phone was just being really weird/crazy after the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jham0401,

I understand your concerns regarding your text message home screen. Please keep in mind that when manufacturers develop software updates the phone performance and interface may be a bit different from previous versions and this may be the way your phone will now work.
Historically, we've learned that a factory reset http://goo.gl/gS8yO will resolve any post update conflicts with 3rd party applications and I highly recommend doing it to ensure that your phone's behavior is not related to a 3rd party application conflict. Do factory reset and keep us posted of results and performance.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jham0401
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already did a factory reset and it did not fix the problem. I have tried it twice.

0 Likes
dmvcomics

Just updated on my Incredible 2 and encountered the same problem... only my pictures were not linked through Facebook, they were added manually.  There is no third party anything at play here.

0 Likes
Batty

I agree is is not a third party issue.  My phone has been crazy since the update (but wasn't great before).  This is my second phone because of problems I have had with it.  It does crazy things like when I unlock the screen the time is ALWAYS exactly an hour prior to the actual time (and the time zone is correct). Also, when I go to send a text message, the message appear correctly but if I click on them quickly when I start typing I am actually sending the message to the person that was in that message slot 24 hours before.  My text messages no longer show my contact photos even though I don't have "phone only" checked.  I have tried both with and without being synched to FB but still no success.  And another weird thing, since the update I have discovered I am able to take a screen shot and that is without an app because I've never downloaded one or even tried that...it was an accident the first time and I did it again and again and it works.  Craziest phone I've ever seen.  I do want a solution to my photos being in my text message contacts.  Their names are there with their numbers, just no photos, no matter if it is a saved photo from the phone or a FB linked contact

0 Likes