No network - AGAIN! UGH
daphne3d

Like several posts I have read - my charge is doing the same thing!  This is my second phone.  They seem to last about 6 months with no issues and then BOOM!  No network.  I have restarted, put in airplane mode and out, pulled the battery out, pulled and replaced the sim card.  Last time verizon reset my phone and it seemed to work and then I got a text and the whole phone went phooey.  I can't call or conect to the network.  This is total BS.  I am going to stop at verizon on my way home and demand a new phone.  If possible I am going to try and get another phone - unless they can assure me there's a fix.  AND to add insult to injury the second phone I got was a refurb and is much slower than my original phone... another issue that pissed me off.  Typically verizon is good with customer service - but I am VERY disappointed with this phone.  4G my butt!

0 Likes
Re: No network - AGAIN! UGH
rd1981

I feel your pain, that is the same exact thing that happened to me, but my refurbed phone sucks, the screen display is garbage... my original is crisp smooth and beautiful ,  i think they used a lower quality screen on the refurbed, i dont want it, im going into verizon today and talk to them... sorry for your pain im mad just like you!

0 Likes
romsRfun

I've ran into a lot of charge owners...even people with other 4g verizon phones, sometimes those 4g sim cards go bad with no rhyme or reason.  Get a new one and activate it.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
daphne3d

Been that, done that. The only fix seems to be leave on cmda and forget about 4 g.

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4GLTE

<< Content edited to comply with the Verizon Community ToS >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
romsRfun

what modem were you on?

0 Likes
daphne3d

For the wireless? The wireless works it's the 4g/3g verizon network that won't"show up". I have had the phone reset, dim card replaced, new phone...will refurbished, this is my second. The only fix is to put the settings at cdma and blow off any hope of 4g.

0 Likes
romsRfun

I meant baseband...it's under about phone in settings.

Out of curiousity, have you checked to see if you are in a 4g neighborhood?

Im right on the edge of LTE.  I can literally take my phone to the farthest part of the house and get 4g.  The minute I move away it goes right into 3g.

0 Likes
daphne3d

When I am at work I am in a 4g neighborhood. Home is the same as you, on the fringe.

baseband is ¡510.06V.FP1 SCH-1510.FP1.

If this hadn't happened once already, maybe I wouldn't be as annoyed. Also the refurbished phone is much slower than my original. To be honest I wish I had got the iphone instead. At least they work. Bad thing is I don't want to change because I have the unlimited data plan right now.

How old is your phone? Both seem to start acting up after 6 months

0 Likes
romsRfun

I understand your pain. Refurbed phones are a hit and miss.  It's with all carriers.  The carriers don't refurb the phone.  The manufacturers do...kind of. My phone is 7 months old now.  Still works like a champ.  The iPhone is just a talked up phone.  It has it bugs too just like any other phone on the market.  The latest iOS is OK. (5.1).  Nothing to scream about though.  I like the iPhone but it doesn't have 4g yet.  That's a big deal to me.

If you decide to switch smart phones you'll always transfer your data package over.  It never changes!  Who ever told you that you are going to lose your unlimited data plan was lying to you.  If you came in that package you can transfer it to whatever smart phone your heart desires.  We all got grandfathered in...Isn't that cool?  I'd keep a 4g phone over 3g phone any day.

I've also customized my phone too.  I couldn't contain myself to keep it stock.  Stock is boring.  Plus, if you customize you can get more potential out of your phone.  You can make it faster.  You can make the 4g/3g modem better.  You can make the UI look nicer.  You can fix the screen and make it sharper looking.  You get the idea...

But, according to Verizon's TOS, I can't tell you how to do that though. Sorry.

0 Likes
daphne3d

Lol. I understand, I am a novice at this stuff, but my son has promised to help me. He has a motorola droid that is no longer stock and he has no issues.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same network issue. I found an article online that suggests it's related to the OS...so who knows???

0 Likes