No network connection after switching devices? Please Help!
Jason0813

So yesterday I switched my Droid Eris to a used but in good condition Droid X on-line (using the activate/switch device). I can make calls and text on my "new" phone, but I can't access the Market to download apps or go on the web browser. It says that I have no Network connection. I went ahead and turned on my "old" phone (Eris) and even though I cannot make calls or texts, I can STILL access Facebook, Market etc....

What is the problem?

0 Likes
Re: No network connection after switching devices? Please Help!
Not applicable

Did you do the *228 send and select option1 ?

Then turn the phone on an off and after its fully up and running check it again.

the newer 4G phones don't need to dial the *228 Send.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Jason0813

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't mention. I programmed the phone by calling *228 and selecting option 1. After no luck with internet access on my "new" phone I went ahead and turned both off overnight. Still no luck.

Any other suggestions.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Jason0813 wrote:

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't mention. I programmed the phone by calling *228 and selecting option 1. After no luck with internet access on my "new" phone I went ahead and turned both off overnight. Still no luck.

Any other suggestions.

The other phone should not function so there is something screwed up with the switch over. Call *611 and have customer service look into the problem. 800-922-0204 is the land line number for Verizon.

My guess is the data plan has to be switched over to the replacement device in order to use the net and Google Play Store.

0 Likes