No notifications when plugged in
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have noticed that when I'm plugged into my computer with the usb cord my notifications wont sound, it just vibrates. the phone will ring if there's a incoming call but no other alerts will work? any ideas, ive checked all the settings and all looks in the norm.

Tied a soft reset, was no help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No notifications when plugged in
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

You can’t use the files on your memory card with your phone while it is connected to the computer.  Usually alert tones and notification sounds will not play with the memory card in use.  This is usually dependent upon the location in which the sound files are saved on the device.   You will also notice slight changes after updates on the phone, these are improvements to ensure data is protected on the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try checking the Settings/Sound/Notification ringtone setting also remeber that you do not get a notification alert from phone if you have it set to Mass Storage.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

You can’t use the files on your memory card with your phone while it is connected to the computer.  Usually alert tones and notification sounds will not play with the memory card in use.  This is usually dependent upon the location in which the sound files are saved on the device.   You will also notice slight changes after updates on the phone, these are improvements to ensure data is protected on the device.

0 Likes