No square reader support???
Chris5228

I just bought this phone yesterday and was very pleased up until I tried to perform my first credit sale since switching from Iphone.  Why is the app available for download if motorola's new line of droids don't even support Square register???  even the square website says it's for ios and android phones.  I just signed a new 2 year contract for a phone I can't even use for my business...I'm super frustrated with the situation

0 Likes
Re: No square reader support???
Not applicable

https://squareup.com/help/en-us/article/4992-app-and-account-troubleshooting  It may not be Google but Verizon blocking your use of the app. Was your ios device with Verizon? If it worked with the iPhone I cannot see it being blocked on the Android device. Can you borrow a different brand of android?  It would be dumb if Motorola was the only brand to not allow its use.  Good Luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest contacting Square directly to verify the device compatibility with their app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mssmiff

Help me understand please.  I have been using square for just under 2 years or so on my  Motorola droid 4.  I simply fell in love with the new droid ultra by the reviews until I came across one that said it doesn't support square, The response to that from Verizon was "we hear you."  Since I have not physically seen the phone yet, you are not saying there is no physical input for the device (hardware), but this a software issue? It boggles my mind that older devices support it and e are going backwards.  I absolutely love Verizon and left at&t because I got tired of having to go outside to use my phone.

0 Likes