Not Able To Type
foxberry

I'm not able to type at all on my phone. Text messaging, emails or on my games....nothing.  Try to and phone seizes up completely.  I've had to remove the battery just to reboot the phone.  This started today, what is the problem?

0 Likes
Re: Not Able To Type
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello foxberry,

I know how frustrating it is to experience difficulties with your device. Which specific Droid do you have? Are you having difficulty when using the keyboard, touch screen or both? Has there been any water/moisture/physical damage caused on the device? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? If so, please remove these applications and check if the issue continues. I would also recommend to place your device on Safe Mode to make sure it’s not an application that’s causing the issue. Let us know if your issue continues.

Thanks,

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bpq

I am having the exact same issue which started about 1 week ago.  It is getting worse...I cannot type on the keyboard or touch screen.  I have not had any water/moisture/physical damage and I have very few application on my phone.  Please advise beyond the Safe Mode (that did not work).

Many thanks!

0 Likes
linds137

My phone started this about 2 weeks ago, and yesterday my phone decided that I would not be able to type at all. I have deleted all apps on my phone, done safe mode, factory reset and nothing is working. PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
gwendilin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have actually been having this exact same issue since about October. I was told to go to my applications and clear the data and the cashe on my keyboard and to make sure I do not have very many text messages on my phone. I did all that and it worked for a bit and now it has started up again. I was told that there was an update coming out soon. I have already had 2 new phones because of device issues. I really do not feel I should have to use my early upgrade just to get a different phone that will work. Is there something that can be done?

0 Likes
mithel

I've got the same issue.  My guess was that it was due to the latest update of "Google Search".

0 Likes
mithel

I just spoke to tech support.  As a temporary work around you can download the "Gingerbread Keyboard 2.3" and switch to it as an input method (this works even for the physical keyboard).  They said this is a known issue and there will be a software update sometime this month which will fix this and then you can go back to using the normal "keyboard" software.

0 Likes
avguy2009

This is bull, this problem has been going on for months with the DG2 and only gotten worse since the latest update. They should have pushed a fix already, I loose money when my phone does not work, why should i have to inconvenience myself here to find the fixes? Why should i have to do this myself, just fix the problem you idiots!

Im so fed up that every time the keyboard locks up, i throw the phone against the wall! Which is about 4 times a week, and sometime it stays that way for a week...yes even with reboots... surprisingly the phones pretty tough. The next time it locks up im going down to the Verizon corp owned service center, and im throwing my phone threw there window and taking a replacement! KISS MY ASS Verizon, Im done trying to find solution to Verizons problems im just gonna start using our company website to market how much there shit sucks balls.

UNACCEPTABLE VERIZON, and GOOGLE! you should be sued for problems like this!

0 Likes
mithel

My personal opinion is that Verizon should let us out of our contracts due to selling us phones that don't work acceptably.  The Droid has been a huge disappointment.  Palm had far better products.  I plan to investigate Apple's iPhones as a probably superior choice.

0 Likes
cbass2876

Three weeks ago I started having an issue with both keyboards. When I would press the space bar while using the multi-touch keypad the screen would jump to the main message screen and I would have to return to the message. Then while using the built-in keypad I was only able to type three to four word then it would stop showing what was being typed. I brought the phone to my local store and the tech played around with it for 45 minutes and it worked fine. Then yesterday morning it started all over again, Now when anything under the letters on the multi-touch keypad is pressed (space bar, period, etc) the screen locks up. The built-in keypad only allows me to type several words before locking up.

I cant believe Verizon has not made the proper software corrections. My Droid is my communication life line with contractors on multi million dollar projects throughout the US. I cant afford to continue to have these issues occurring. Does anyone have any idea when Verizon will have the software corrections available? I will try the Gingerbread suggestion that was recommended and hope for the best.

0 Likes