Not Receiving Audible Text Notifications
gdtalbottjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Friends,

I've been on the phone with Verizon tech support; we can't figure out why I'm not receiving an audible tone when a new text message arrives.  It worked yesterday!  We removed the battery; re-programmed the phone.  The messages are still arriving silently. 

My voicemail messages are announced with the chosen audible tone - but not the text messages.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be most grateful!

Thanks,

Doug

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Receiving Audible Text Notifications
gdtalbottjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion, but we already tried that; it didn't make a difference.

However, after another call to Verizon tech support, we did discover the solution:

1.  Open text messages

2.  Click on MENU

3.  Under the heading TEXT MESSAGING SETTINGS, be sure the NOTIFICATIONS STATUS BAR is checked.

That solved the problem!

Doug

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Open Messages >> Left menu Button >>< Message Settigns >>> Text Meessages >>> Select Rintone and check Vibrate if you want that option.

0 Likes
gdtalbottjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying, but we already tried when I was on the phone with Droid X Tech Support; it didn't fix the problem.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Out of curiousity does your music player have volume because the alerts are tied into the volume that this uses.... Try going to Settigns >>> Sounds >>> Volume and check the Media and Notification volums are up.

0 Likes
gdtalbottjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion, but we already tried that; it didn't make a difference.

However, after another call to Verizon tech support, we did discover the solution:

1.  Open text messages

2.  Click on MENU

3.  Under the heading TEXT MESSAGING SETTINGS, be sure the NOTIFICATIONS STATUS BAR is checked.

That solved the problem!

Doug

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

gdtalbottjr wrote:

1.  Open text messages

2.  Click on MENU

That solved the problem!

Doug

Didnt realize that would stop audio alerts, hmmm, something to keep in mind... Thaanks for info.

0 Likes