Not allowed to update
skater1848

I got the low space icon - once I clear caches and it goes away, I still attempt to do the software update, and I click restart, it counts down, but then just stays on that screen for an indefinite amount of time and never starts.

Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Not allowed to update
loloshells

I'm having the same problem. I've left it overnight to do its thing, and in the morning it still hasn't installed the update.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you really want the update, I would backup the info and pix you want and do a master reset. You could have an app or something that may be keeping you from do so.

Well, before you do that, try placing the Dinc in SAFE MODE and then try to update the phone. Safe mode takes apps out of the picture.

Safe Mode Instructions  ----------->  http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31062

0 Likes
loloshells

Finally got update.

1. Make sure you have plenty of space. Delete apps you don't need or use. (I had to go through this all twice because I did not delete enough the first time.)

2. Press/hold power button, select restart. When screen turns off, press/hold volume down and power button. Volume down to recovery, use power button to select. When you see red triangle and ! press/hold volume up and power button. Volume down to wipe cache partition, use power button to select it. When it says its been wiped, select reboot system now.

Now you should be able to install update. If you need to recover the prompt to install it (I did), go to menu>date/time, uncheck automatic, change month to one month from now. Go back into menu>about phone>system update, and it should be downloading the update again. If you've freed up enough space, it will finally reboot and install update. Phone may stay on the red droid 'eye' screen for a few minutes. Mine did for about 4. Finally got my congratulations you updated screen.

0 Likes
loloshells

Don't forget to go back and change the date back to automatic when you're done.

Update was seamless btw, didn't lose anything.

0 Likes
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

Well still doesn't work for me. Says I have not enough space. I got rid of many apps, including yahoo. I have 506 mb free,(with yahoo)(just re-installed yahoo again)   how much is needed?

0 Likes