Not connecting to wifi at all...
Mischief86

Anytime I try to connect to wifi, my droid charge will cycle through and say "connecting.. obtaining ip address... authenticating" then disconnects, doesn't matter what network I try to connect to. I know my modem is not the problem as my fiance has no problem with his Samsung Fascinate connecting to wifi, nor does my mom have problems connecting with her phone at her house. I have checked the wifi settings in my phone. There is nothing in the boxes for proxy or port.  I have also tried restarting the phone, multiple times, pulling the battery and sim card, and at one point I have even done a factory reset.. Nothing works.. anyone have any ideas????

0 Likes
Re: Not connecting to wifi at all...
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

sounds like the kernel.  what kernel do you have (check under "about phone").

<Content deleted to comply with the .>

otherwise, you might have to repair your wifi connection by deleting the connection and then re-establishing it.  make sure that the password did not change for connecting to the wifi router.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Not connecting to wifi at all...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Mischief86!

I use Wi-Fi all of the time and I can't imagine not having it! I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this for even a moment.

Thank you for all of the troubleshooting you've already completed, it was all definitely steps I would have recommended myself.

Please try this for me:

Settings > Wireless and Networks > WiFi settings > Advanced > Proxy > Clear the text

Please let me know if this has resolved your difficulties.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes