Not ready SDcard
JBurg

I just had to get a "like new" phone after my phone had the much talked about charging port issue. I just got the replacement phone, everything seems to be working except it's not recognizing the sd card. It is put in properly, tried putting in back in, tried reboots, soft and hard resets, still nothing. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Not ready SDcard
JBurg

*reading

0 Likes
Not applicable

Have you gone into settings and tried to format the card?  If that won't work, maybe you can format it in your computer.

0 Likes
JBurg

it's not allowing me to do any of that

0 Likes
Not applicable

Google a program called "SDFormat" or something like that for your computer  Maybe that work.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Do you have a card reader for your computer?  If you can see what is on your card that way, you can back it up, then re-format it with your computer (right-click on the drive representing your card, and select format, type FAT-32).   If you can't see what is on it, the card may have been damaged, or otherwise corrupted.  You can still try to format it, but you will permanently lose anything on the card.

0 Likes
lyhes4d

Same thing happened to me! I just got the replacement phone,went to take a picture and "no SD card". Would really like to not lose all the pictures on there!

0 Likes