Not receiving all text messages
bigwig27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a droid 2.2 and I'm having trouble receiving text messages. I'm at a total loss. Here's what happened:

- I cannot receive any texts from two of my friends, who have Verizon. They were texting me all day yesterday and I still haven't received a single one.

- I have been able to receive texts from ANOTHER friend who has Verizon, as well as from friends who have other providers.

- So why can't I receive texts from two specific people?

Things I have done so far

- Dialing *228 and reprogramming

- Clearing all data from the stock text messaging program

- Resetting phone to factory settings

- Calling Verizon - no service problems in my area, no blocks on my phone, they basically told me the problem must be with my two friend's phones, but they haven't had any trouble texting anyone else. The glitch must be in my phone.

I've been reading other forums and it seems like this problem has happened to other people, but that it was more of an issue with 2.1. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do next? Or any ideas on what the problem actually is?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving all text messages
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello, are you using the native messaging application on the device or are you using a third party application? 

Also, try selecting Menu, Setting, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Messaging. Then select Clear data and Clear Cache. After this has been done, reboot the phone, and have your friends send you a text message. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter - @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lpratico

I'm having the same problem, except that I keep sending text messages to my friend and she hasn't received any of them.  I have sent text messages to other people and they have received them.  It seems to be only this one particular person, and she is a verizon user as well.  Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello, are you using the native messaging application on the device or are you using a third party application? 

Also, try selecting Menu, Setting, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Messaging. Then select Clear data and Clear Cache. After this has been done, reboot the phone, and have your friends send you a text message. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter - @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mom4ajj

I did all of these things and I still cant receive text messages consistently. 

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

mom4aj- I definitely understand how frustrating it must be for your friends/family not being able to receive your text messages.

Since you have already tried the steps  bigwig27 suggested to no avail, please send us a PM so we can look into your account more specifically.

0 Likes
bluebouyz

I am having the same problem.  I have rebooted several times, reprogrammed and cleared stored messages and I am still not receiving test messages.  I can send them, but not receive them.

0 Likes
gnargnar802

i've been having the same issue. i did a hard reset, lost everything, and still have a useless phone. My brother with the same phone has the same exact issue. ugh

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello gnargnar802,

I know text messaging is an important form of communication.  If you have completed a factory reset and are still encountering this please PM me your name and mobile number so I may look into your account options.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

bluebouyz wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I have rebooted several times, reprogrammed and cleared stored messages and I am still not receiving test messages.  I can send them, but not receive them.

Hi bluebouyz,

I am sorry to learn of the text messaging issues you are experiencing with your phone. I would be frustrated if I didn't receive all my messages. Based on the troubleshooting done on your phone (according to your post) the only thing you have not done that may resolve the issue is a Factory Reset. Please do a factory reset and if issues continue we may need to explore replacement options. Keep in mind that performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

Please keep in mind that your phone includes a one year manufacturer's warranty. For details on the Certified Like New Replacement program process please visit this LINK.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

AntonioC i know allott of the Verizon employees are on here Today answering Questions well i have one i don't if you can answer it or not but here it goes This Deal With HTC an the Security Breach getting our information from our phones is something going to be done. As this is a big problem an something needs to done.

0 Likes