Not receiving email pushed since Friday
mstults

I have not received email pushes from hotmail or yahoo since 2 December.  I've done the restarts, cleared caches and entered passwords again, but no luck with emails.  Is there a systemic issues or did the last set of updates not go as planned?

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving email pushed since Friday
Not applicable

Hi mstults:

It's very strange that you have the same issue on your device with 2 different email accounts. This leads me to believe that there's an outside factor in your situation. Please answer the following questions below:

Have you tried removing the email accounts from the device and re-adding them?

Is data working fine aside from the email issue?

How do you check your email on your computer?If you're using Microsoft Outlook or a similar program, it could be interfering with your device by downloading the messages from the server onto the PC. 

Please reply to the questions, and I'm sure we can find out what the underlying problem is. Please post any news/updates on your situation. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
Jon_Doh
Contributor - Level 1

I've had this problem twice with my phone and the only thing that I've found that works is to delete your email accounts and set them up again.

0 Likes
ypallavi

I'm having the same problem with my phone. The only sources I use to check my email are my PC and phone.All my other data seems to be fine, but I've been having problems with other native apps on my phone. My alarm/world clock/stop watch doesn't open anymore when I tap the clock on my homescreen, and doesn't seem to exist in my applications anymore either...

I am unable to even delete my accounts. I tried two methods:

1. I went to the email client --> Settings --> delete Account. This resulted in a variety of errors, either "server not responding," or  "503 80317: Unable to remove account"

I also went to my home screen. Settings --> accounts and sync --> Gmail --> Remove account, which seemed to do nothing.

This is really frustrating. I have no idea what else to try

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ypallavi, I can certainly help with your email and other issues you are having with your device. Is this happening just with Gmail or another email account as well? Since your applications, contacts, calendar, etc are tied to Gmail, the only way to remove your Gmail account would be completing a factory reset. Try clearing cache from your Gmail account first & other Mail accounts. Open your email accounts to refresh to see if any new emails come thru. For non-Gmail account, open Mail account, press Menu button, Settings, check Update Schedule. If emails still not coming thru, try deleting account again. 

For the clock application, there was a software update just pushed recently that should resolve this issue. You will not see the application in your Applications folder, but it should open by tapping the widget. 

0 Likes
eclecticmezzo

I'm experience the same issue with my Hotmail account.  This began a little bit ago for me.  Hotmail stopped recieving emails conssistently.  I can't delete the account from my Droid Razr at all.  In the middle of syncing, it will just suddenly stop and tell me connection failure.  This is highly frustrating and from what I've seen so far, its beginning to be a wide spread issue and not just affecting a few users.  

EDIT:::  I downloaded the offical Hotmail app and completed that setup and then I was able to delete the windows live hotmail account from my phone.  

0 Likes