Not receiving new emails
joeywyss
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has stopped showing new mail from my email accounts.  I can send mail out with no problem, but not getting new emails. Forced refresh is not working. I have cleared trash, reset the phone, checked internet connection (from phone). Any suggestions on what I'm missing?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving new emails
robbinscb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured out how to solve this problem with the help of a Customer Service Rep with HTC.  You need to change your security settings on your phone under the email account from SSL to TLS.  The server port for incoming emails is 110 and the server port for outgoing emails is 25.  I first set everything to "none" for the security settings and began receiving emails.  I didn't like not having any security on my email account so I changed it again to TLS and it now works fine!

View solution in original post

brownph
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a answer, but I experienced the same with the default email app with Comcast.  Trying various things, it appears that the app cannot connect to the mail server.  Other email apps seem to work OK.

robbinscb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  My HTC Incredible 2 stopped receiving new emails a few days ago.  I have two Comcast email accounts and one Gmail account.  I can send emails from all three accounts but I can only receive emails from my Gmail account.  I checked my email account on my computer and it is working fine.  I also checked my internet connection on my cell phone and it too works fine.  Is this a Comcast problem, a Verizon problem, or a problem with my phone?

daleridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have described my problem exactly.  Same phone, same service, same time.   We are not alone.  I believe it is a change that Comcast has made to push everyone to use the Xfinity App.   I have received no notification of change from Verizon or Comcast or HTC for that matter.   I am upset because this has cost me dearly being out of town and depending on my  phone for email.   Sorry that I have not found the answer yet. 

robbinscb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured out how to solve this problem with the help of a Customer Service Rep with HTC.  You need to change your security settings on your phone under the email account from SSL to TLS.  The server port for incoming emails is 110 and the server port for outgoing emails is 25.  I first set everything to "none" for the security settings and began receiving emails.  I didn't like not having any security on my email account so I changed it again to TLS and it now works fine!

robbinscb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Joeywyss, see my reply to daleridge.  Hopefully, this will work.

daleridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really appreciate the reply. I have reset the security as you mentioned and even tried the none option but so far no joy. Now trying to reboot after resetting to TLS and correct ports. We’ll see how that works. Did you get the idea the problem was caused by some change at Comcast.

0 Likes
daleridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rebooted after making your suggested changes and now everything works. Thanks so much for helping. You saved me hours no doubt.

0 Likes
brownph
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks that seemed to work for incoming email. (By the way, Comcast

requires POP3 and port 995.)

Outgoing email did not work with TLS, but SSL still does. (for now)

0 Likes
robbinscb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad I could help.  As far as the problem starting with Comcast.  I have no idea.  One day I was getting emails and then they just stopped.  I spent days (off and on) trying to solve it.  I REALLY didn't want to buy a new phone right now.

0 Likes