Not so happy w/ my Bionic
minisoutwest
I had a SUPER DroidX and upgraded to the Bionic hoping for great things. I have given the Bionic quite a chance but not happy at all. Poor phone repception with our Network Extender. Poor reception n dropped calls on the road. Unable to get internet in town. Camera button only on screen is horrible and huge delay. I could say a lot more poor performance things about the phone but i think you get my point. The only cool thing is the LapDock. But I want my DroidX back. Big $650 mistake for me. For being a Verizon Customer for over 11 yrs. I am not happy with this phone. Sorry Bionic you are not the phone for the Colorado Mountains like the DroidX was.
0 Likes
Re: Not so happy w/ my Bionic
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

minisoutwest wrote:
I had a SUPER DroidX and upgraded to the Bionic hoping for great things. I have given the Bionic quite a chance but not happy at all. Poor phone repception with our Network Extender. Poor reception n dropped calls on the road. Unable to get internet in town. Camera button only on screen is horrible and huge delay. I could say a lot more poor performance things about the phone but i think you get my point. The only cool thing is the LapDock. But I want my DroidX back. Big $650 mistake for me. For being a Verizon Customer for over 11 yrs. I am not happy with this phone. Sorry Bionic you are not the phone for the Colorado Mountains like the DroidX was.

I've had no issues with reception, dropped calls or internet. I guess it's a geographical thing. In the same area I'm in (NY), I had nothing but issues with the Samsung Charge, yet I have no issues with the Bionic. I find it a much better phine than the Charge.

0 Likes
panzer1

Big $650 mistake for me

Yikes, I only paid $250 for mine at the verizon store.

Panzer

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Mine works better than my droid x. My droid x would power cycle all the time. On the bionic, turn off 4g because if you are on the extender which is oly 3g, it will cause problems. I think you should call verizon and be patient while they help you fix it. I love mine and woud never go back to the droid x. I sold my droid x on ebay to some poor soul.. Im sorry whoever got it..
0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have had ZERO problems with my Bionic, after one month of ownership. I wonder if there was a bad batch of phones sent out by Motorola? Maybe they should get with Verizon and check some of the returned phones to see if there is a common thread of malfunction.
0 Likes
thwim

So far I am quite happy with my Bionic.  Camera is a little slow but if you take the time to learn how to use it it takes a pretty good picture.  It seems to be a software problem.  There are better camera apps on the market store.  The capabilities of the Bionic are endless. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Minisoutwest, thank you for sharing your concerns about your Bionic. I hate to hear that you are having so many issues with your device. I am not showing these reception problems as a known issue with the Bionic, but as others have said some phones work differently in different areas. Also, you said you are unable to get internet in town. Does your phone show 3G or 4G at all when this happens? If you are in a 4G area, verify your phone is set to LTE in Network Mode. If you are in 3G, you can try changing to CDMA only to improve data signal. Try also removing your SIM card and battery card for about 30 seconds. 

Also, are you within your 14 day worry free guarantee period? You stated you just want to go back to your Droid X. Do you still have that phone? If so, and you really want to go back to your Droid X, you can reactivate it at anytime by logging into your My Verizon account. 

0 Likes
minisoutwest
I have had this phone since the minute it was released so way past my 14 day. I am now sad to say this phone keeps going to a black screen like when the 2 minute time out goes off. I get a Totally black screen every time i try pushing a key. Kinda feustrating. Are we suppose to be getting updates? I am wanting to hold on until they come out if there are aome. I dont want to give up on this phone yet.
0 Likes
jsprake1

Wether it's this or the BSOD VZW continues to say "it's not a known issue". Im on my third device and still having trouble.

0 Likes