Notification LED Change - missed call/voicemail/sms/email
sr1sws

Maybe I'm being stupid, but I cannot get my notification LED to do anything other than blink green.

After some research, it *looks* like Handcent SMS can deal with changing the color for SMS/text messages.  It also looks like Easy Reminder can do the same for missed calls.  Unclear if it is supposed to deal with voicemail.

Both apps seem simple enough to install and configure, but I'll be darned if the LED does anything other than blink green (typically for a new email).

Am I missing something?  Can the phone only deal with one notification type at a time (e.g. does the email notification have priority over SMS/text)?

Thoughts, suggestions or accusations?

Thanks!

Steve

0 Likes
Re: Notification LED Change - missed call/voicemail/sms/email
sr1sws

To follow up on myself...

I did finally see a change.  Using Gmail notifier, Handcent SMS and Easy Reminder.

It appears that only one notifier can be active at a time???  Can anyone confirm this?

Steve

0 Likes
JaiJaiW

I have Handsent for text and K-9 for email.

Different colors for all email accounts and texts.

All notify.

Jaimie

0 Likes
sr1sws

Jamie -

Thanks.  I'll check out K9 too.

Can you tell me if more than one notification works at a time?  That is, if you have an email notification and a text notification, does the LED blink 2 different colors (assuming you have them set to do so)?

Many thanks!

Steve

0 Likes
belome
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just from testing it on my own phone, it looks like whatever notification gets there first is the one that flashes.

0 Likes
sr1sws

belome wrote:

Just from testing it on my own phone, it looks like whatever notification gets there first is the one that flashes.

Thanks... that's pretty much what it looks like to me too.  Too bad they can't all 'fire' or you could set a priority.

Steve

0 Likes