Notification SPAM
Austex_Egger

I am new to Android/Charge.  Love the phone so far,  but do not like the fact that I basically get SPAM messages in my notifications.  Now,  I have gotten a few free apps.  I now constantly get (daily), notifications of Ap sites, new games, job offers, etc.  How do I stop these things?  I don't want a bunch of unsolicited stuff on my phone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Notification SPAM
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Download the Lookout Ad Network Detector from the Play Store and run the application. Then uninstall any air push application.

After that is cleaned out, be more careful with the applications you install.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Austex_Egger

Thanks!  Apparently being careful with applications that I install means, don't install anything... Smiley Happy  Basically have installed a few games,  and a couple of News Aps.  Found the game that is the primary culprit and got rid of it.  As I look at some of the other things that the Lookout Ap detects,  it appears there is a way to "Opt-Out" of these pushes.  The things say "input your UDID".  Is that safe,  or is it an open invitation that it is a valid UDID and the SPAM will go wild if I do that?

0 Likes
Squeekers

The UDID number is found in the About Phone section.  It is the IMEI number.  If you give the app (or whatever) that number, and "opt-out", what you will probably be doing is telling the spammers that you have a good phone.  Kind of like clicking "unsubscribe" in a spam email.  I think you hit pretty much nailed when you said "open invitation that it is a valid UDID and the SPAM will go wild". 

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

lookout does not solve it (from my experience).

there is another app that searches your apps to let you know what is spam.  the app is called AirPush Detector:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector

0 Likes
garyvestal1

hello, Austex_Egger,

you download and install the apps only from play.google.com? right?

logon  your play.google.com, and copy the list of the apps name. Let us know what apps you have installed.

So we can use tools to help you to detect which apps are push ads in the "notification panel"?

0 Likes