Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Notification bar disappears, can't answer calls
twilliams3386

I have a Droid X2 and for the last couple weeks my notification bar has been disappearing.  When it's gone I'm not able to answer calls - my phone rings but it doesn't allow me to answer even if I go to the dialer screen.  It comes back if I restart my phone but it disappears again.  It seems to have started when I added a company email account.  Anybody had this problem?  Software is up to date.

0 Likes
Re: Notification bar disappears, can't answer calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello twilliams3386. Thanks for sharing your concern about the device functionality. May I ask do you get the same issue when you removed your work email from the phone? Also, can you provide the exact software version that you have so I can cross-reference it with our records. Thanks! &AH

0 Likes
djmendy

i hava the same problem. i did not add anything or delete. My phone rings but it locks up for a few seconds then i can go to the dialer and pick up the call. I also noticed the status bar is gone. i have shut off phone taken out the battery it goes back to normal but not for long it dissappears again... any suggestions. i have an android x for over a year

0 Likes
twilliams3386

I removed my work email account from the phone and it has been fine for

almost a day so far. I think it fixed the issue.

Android version 2.3.4

Thanks,

Tyler

0 Likes
telcocowboy

I had a similar problem (status bar disappeared after adding an email account). In an attempt to remedy the situation I powered down, removed the battery waited and then booted back up only to have the status bar disappear again. I then removed the account I had added, powered down, removed the battery and rebooted and it appears to work now. System version is 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US, Moel number DROIDX, Baseband version BP_C_01.09.15P, Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g1282440 mcbk83@il93lnxdroid08 #1, Build number 4.5.1)57_DX8-51, ERI version 5 PRL version 52707

As I have gmail configured, I only needed to add this account in order to forward a picture attached to a text message so this additional account was not needed beyond this one task and its removal does not impact me. I just wanted to share my experience. Thanks, ~telcocowboy

0 Likes