Notification sound on mute after 4.0.4 update
pharmagirl28

Anyone having issues with notification muting (for texts) after Droid update 4.0.4? I cleared cache and did a soft reset. Any advice? HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Notification sound on mute after 4.0.4 update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which android phone do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pharmagirl28

droid bionic

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming you've turned up the notification volume and ensured that silent mode isn't on?  Are any other notifications being muted besides texts?  And is this with the stock text app?  I'd hate to think you may have to do a factory reset.

0 Likes
pharmagirl28

yes i've turned up the notification volume and ensured that silent mode isnt on. All other notifications are fine just text notifications. yup its the stock text app. i would like to avoid doing a factory reset, not sure if that will even work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pharmagirl28!

Lets get this notification working! Please confirm if you have been able to go into Messaging > tap menu > Settings > and adjusting the volume/alert appropriately.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pharmagirl28

yes I have made sure all the volume/alerts are turned on

0 Likes
nightowl75
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same audio issue here with my Bionic after update. Now if I'm on a call and want to use the speakerphone the audio does not come out of the speakerphone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pharmagirl28,

Thank you for checking the volume settings on your device. The next step in the troubleshooting process would be a reset http://bit.ly/nExWmP. If for any reason your device sound setting are not corrected by a reset we may have to take a look at some replacement options. I hope this info was helpful and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Georgep_vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes