Notifications Go Silent and Wont Turn Back On Until I Reboot The Phone.... X2
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I got the Droid X2 as a replacement to the Droid X and have actually been enjoying the phone.  I do have 2 issues and will post the other in a separate thread.  This issue has been happening a lot this past week, but on and off for the past month.  Seems like whenever I turn my ringer down, say at night while I sleep, and then turn it back up in the morning my notifications stay on silent.  I will turn the ringer up and it works, but when I get a text message it is still silent.  I can go into the notification ringtones and try to select one and it will be silent.  (Normally you would hear the ringtone you are trying to select.)  The only way I can get my notification ringtone to come back is by rebooting the phone.  So just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Notifications Go Silent and Wont Turn Back On Until I Reboot The Phone.... X2
Cody21
Master - Level 2

In Settings, what do you have set for Sounds Settings / Volume ??  How far up are the Slider controls?

0 Likes
Re: Notifications Go Silent and Wont Turn Back On Until I Reboot The Phone.... X2
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use the incoming call volume for the notification setting.  When I uncheck it it is turned all the way up.  I like this setting so if I turn my phone down at night it also turns down the notifications.  Problem is they never turn back up with the ringer volume...

0 Likes
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

Heh, so tonight after I wrote this it happened again, but this time all of the sounds were silent, including the ringer.  When I went into settings everything eas fine and all sounds were turned up.  Just a few hours before I had taken out the battery because notifications were silent.  After hours of no phone calls, I checked my phone to see I had 3 missed calls, new voicemails and 9 text messages.... none of which made a peep on my phone.  Rebooted again and working fine now.  I've tried to search this but not coming up with anything about this particular problem....

0 Likes
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

So it is still happening.  Went into Verizon and they suggested it could be an app causing a problem.  So I would have to do a master reset or uninstall apps to try and figure out what it is.  Anyone else out there had this issue and/or know of any apps that would mess with my notification sounds?

0 Likes
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, I am really surprised no one out there has had this issue... Still happening.  Went to Verizon they suggested it was an app conflicting with my ringtone... and for me to keep uninstalling apps 10 at a time to see when it stops... but if I do all that I'm just gonna do a factory restore...

0 Likes