Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Now Phone Forgets/Can't Make WiFi Connection?
jimbosays

Beyond all of my other app issues and operating system force close issues with my Droid Charge (almost paperweight) phone unit . . . Starting two days ago it is now UNABLE TO ESTABLISH A WiFi CONNECTION!!!

Nothing has changed with the router or password (all of our other WiFi equipment works just fine) and I have even 'removed' the connection from the phone and re-added it. NOPE.

I am not one who 'Cries Wolf' or takes to conspiracy theories (just a normal professional business person) - And have had cell phones since there were in a bag with battery . . . BUT THE DROID CHARGE IS AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF JUNK.

Any VZW assistance is always appreciated.

ALL ANYONE WANTS IS A PHONE (that's still under contract) THAT WORKS.

0 Likes
Re: Now Phone Forgets/Can't Make WiFi Connection?
jimbosays

Well . . . Once again went through the factory reset procedure (no fun - for the uptenth time) with hopes THAT would allow my Droid Charge to recognize frequently used WiFi networks again. NOPE!!!

Yes, a factory reset will allow you to enter the WEP/WPA security code and use the local available WiFi connection . . . Until you leave the local WiFi range and return to it, then NOPE - AGAIN!!

No, this isn't for a single WiFi source (I realize that routers DO 'go bad' occasionally)  - The same scenario is repeated for each WiFi network at different locations I visit in the course of a day's work.

Please HELP us VZW . . . We just want phone units (still under contract) that work nominally as advertised.

H E L P !   Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Now Phone Forgets/Can't Make WiFi Connection?
JerryF

Jim,

Your problem sounds like it's the phone but do check these things.

Recheck to see these things:  Go to Wireless & Networks and touch WiFi settings.  It should start scanning.  Go down to Add Network and again add your SSID and Security passphrase.  I say this because it sounds like your phone is not keeping (holding) your SSID and/or security passphrase settings so entering them here may work as opposed to entering then when a network is found through scanning.

Then go down to Advanced and set the Wi-Fi sleep policy to NEVER and also make sure Use Static IP is checked. Leave IP address and Gateway unused. 

If this does not work then do a more than 10 Minute battery pull.  This is NOT like a factory reset.  Remove your battery for more than 10 minutes.  Then re-install the battery and reboot your phone and again recheck or reenter your SSID and passphrase.  If that doesn't fix your problem I am fresh out of ideas.

JerryF