OG Droid: Low Space Warnings during App Install
colbyseider

For the last few months, my OG Droid has been giving me low space warnings when I download new apps.  I am able, through an app I downloaded, to move as many apps as I can to the SD card which has plenty of space.  However, the phone has now started telling me that it doesn't have space even for text messages (I don't get many and I don't save any).

I am now to the point where I must delete Phone Only apps to ensure I have enough space for anything new I want to use.  And just today, I have deleted the last app that I felt was optional from the phone storage.

Is there a way to reclaim unused space?  On my 256 MB card, I have about 30 MB free.  Cache is empty.

Is there a larger SIM card that I can pop in to the phone that would give me more phone storage space?

In other words, is there a way to extend the life of my OG Droid without dumping it and upgrading?

Thanks to all and Winter Solstice Greetings!

Colby

0 Likes
Re: OG Droid: Low Space Warnings during App Install
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon colbyseider.

I certainly understand trying to get as much life as you can out of your original Droid!  What size is your current SD card?  You can use up to 32GB MicroSD.  Have you tried removing the SD card you currently have, and then restarting your device?  When you clear cache, is it through the applications, or through the Browser?  Try clearing through the browser, and if that doesn't work, please try a Hard Reset.  (Instructions for both options provided below.)  

Clear Temporary Internet Files Motorola Droid

Hard Reset Motorola Droid

If you're still having problems with your device memory, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes