OTA Update crashes my phone
yojayy

I found someone with a similar problem caused by the OTA update that crashes my phone, but we're not allowed to discuss the issue in these forums and Verizon offers no help other than to shut down the discussion with the following message ">MODERATOR COMMENT: This thread will be locked as much of this discussion is against the VZW ToS. There are many other sites on the internet that you are free to discuss such things<".

Or in other words - if you have a problem, please seek help somewhere other than where you bought your product.  As far as we are concerned, there is no problem. 

This is probably the worst customer service ever.

Please fix the OTA update so it stops crashing my phone.  I would write about the details of the crashing, but I'm not allowed.  Just fix it or allow users to reject it.

>MODERATOR COMMENT: Normally, the moderation team would simply delete this post as it is in violation of the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. However, I decided to let it remain to explain our position. (However, I will be locking this thread so not to have a flame war break out.

We edit and sometimes lock those types of threads as the sites offering, 'Fixes' are not sharing VZW Approved updates. In addition, many non tech savvy people will try the update which voids their warranty, brick their phone and demand Verizon Wireless to correct their error.

Locking that particular thread in no way is a statement saying there is not an issue. However, as Moderators, we are not CSR's or Techs, so we can not offer any suggestions on how to correct the issues you are experiencing.<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes