OTA crashing DInc2
dadkind

Hello All,

Recently my phone has been trying to install an OTA update. Everything start out normally, but during the reboot, something crashes and I'm left looking at screen with the little Android Gui and a large Warning traingle with an Exclamation mark.

I have to remove the battery to get the phone back and when it starts up it goes to the HBOOT screen. Sometimes the "**Security Warning**" message is displayed on the HBOOT screen and sometimes it is not.

>Comment removed to comply with VZW ToS<

In the meantime, every five days, the phone attempts to download/install the update and the phone locks up. Fortunately, I have some backups of my phone so I can restore to the point where I can "reject" the update for another five days. But that's going to get old/annoying pretty quick.

Has anyone had to deal with this? Is there a solution (other than upgrading/replacing the phone?).

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: OTA crashing DInc2
yojayy

I am having the exact same issue.  It has my phone in a constant boot loop until the battery gets too low.  Then I get to defer for 4 more days when the cycle starts over again.  My Wifi stopped working last year and Verizon told me my only recourse was to buy a new phone >Comment deleted< I would very much like this to stop as well.

0 Likes
dadkind

As soon as it happens, I immediately remove the battery and reboot into HBOOT and restore from a previous backup. That way it doesn't kill the battery.

As you mention, I'm pretty sure something in the HTC/Verizon update doesn't like the>Comment deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

In the meantime, I found out that I can keep my existing data plan if I update my phone (I'm getting by on the $15/150MB plan since I'm on Wi-Fi all day). So I may just update to a Incredible 4G since I actually like my phone (size, etc) and the price is relatively low ($50).

If I get this figured out /work-around I'll update this thread.

0 Likes
yojayy

>Comments, discussions, links, videos, etc.... concerning rooting/hacking/jailbreaking are not allowed on this forum per the VZW ToS<

The Incredible 4G is $.01 at Amazon right now.  You may be able to re-up there.  Sadly, I am not eligble until October.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>MODERATOR COMMENT: This thread will be locked as much of this discussion is against the VZW ToS. There are many other sites on the internet that you are free to discuss such things<

0 Likes