On my 3rd Bionic
terryt120

My first Bionic was purchased October 28th. Fast forward of hours phone time with Verizon tech support, Moto tech support, and many trips to store.

Since my job is data dependent, I got cable internet installed so I would have data at home, instead of counting on my Verizon data plans.

FedEx brings handset number 3, today, along with new SIM card. I will try to swap tonight and see if the connection is any better. Verizon is fully aware of the problems I, as well as others have had. Seems I have gotten somebody attention. At this time Verizon is working on a solution to make me happy.

I will patiently wait for the outcome of the conversation before I go any further. I have steered many people friends and family to Verizon and the Android platform, now I am really hearing it from the Apple/AT&T fanboys. My job as a first responder is data dependent, well lack of for the past months. My Verizon soak test has been launched, I hope Verizon comes through and makes things right for all Bionic users.

If a Verizon Corp.., representative contacted you, what could they do to make you happy and feel justified for the headaches and lack of data? Well, within reason? Anyone asked for or getting a bill credit? Anyone received a different NEW phone? I  am wanting to know what others have been offered or given, I guess.

Post up lets see what Verizon is doing to help us, the red headed BIONIC step children.

0 Likes
Re: On my 3rd Bionic
Bionic_Brain

My wife has had her Droid HTC for over a year without any problems. She loves it. I bought my Bionic about 2 months ago and it's an incredible device, it was a bit twitchy (crashed once and gave me the com.motorola service stopped unexptedly error message until I deleted the email client)

Other than that the camera/camcorder, data transfer rate and voice clarity SIMPLY ROCKS!

Thought I'd give you some positive feedback. Hopefull the 3rd one is a charm Smiley Happy

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
My bionic works flawlesly after the update. Sorry for your bad luck. The key to this phone is do not have an anti virus app. If you are in a marginal 4g 3g area you HAVE TO change your radio antenna to 3G aka CDMA only. Turn on data roaming and TURN OFF BATTERY MANAGER. Battery manager will mess with your signals based on battery life and TIME OF DAY. I promise you if you at least try all of those things you will be ok or at least better. Battery life is WAY better in 3G mode. Also keep in mind over 80% of the times its an app causing things. Make sure you know about safe mode and master reset. DO NOT LET VERIZON REPS tell you that it just needs to be replaced WITHOUT ANY TROUBLESHOOTING. Trust me when I say this. This phone is based of ATT's atrix phone in case ATT fanboys are bashing you.
0 Likes
terryt120

Thanks to all for the helpful posts. I have battery set to performance, data roaming on. It seems to be since I am on the edge of 4G and other towers. tried CDMA only still have white bars after battery pulls and hard reset.

0 Likes
Yaterml

I am also on my 3rd Bionic, I bought my first after I came back from my Honeymoon, with in the first week I was having issues, a high pitches feedback in external speakers. The rep talked me out of buying the lapdock for the bionic and waiting for the lapdock pro. I spent over $300 in accessories( Otterbox, Extra Battery, External Charger, Moto Headset, Screen Protectors. I went back to the store after experiencing the problem he told me that they knew about it and that I should wait for the update in later September. The end of September came and went, in the middle of October I did a factory reset to see if it fixed anything. I started having 3G issues as I didn't have any 3G and when I dropped my 4G connection would lose my data all together until I pulled a power cycle.  They sent me a new SIM card. The techs had me do a Factory reset, this cost me my market app (Google says its because my SIM info doesn't match the market info). I then did a factory reset to fix this and had a bunch of connectivity issues and spontaneously missing apps as a result of that reset. I finally got the last official update and my battery life has gone to 4 hours of less and that's with the data radio usually off, the connection issues are more prevalent as I have to keep it off to make it through the day. I cannot disable the screen lock mechanism. The radio is causing interference still, the system is using up my battery, I am still suffering from connection drops, I cannot access my app on the marketplace. I have all three Bionics sitting in front of me and I am having the same problem with all three of them. Please fix this guys. I am wanting to add a lapdock (seeing as how I cannot use the lapdock pro with my phone), tablet, and mobile hotspot/phone with mobile hotspot, and need to add another smartphone for my wife, but I refuse to until you can get these problems fixed and make things right for tricking me into being stuck with this phone. I have an extra battery and external charger and I have to keep flipping back and forth to make it through the day especially with an Otterbox cover, its not fun? Also Question does the induction charger back have to make contact with the charger or could I use it with my case?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you live in the boonies someplace & need wi-fi for connectivity, that's not verizon's problem.

my son lives on the outskirts of olympia, wa & ended up getting the expensive range extender for his 2 i phones but it works.

0 Likes