Only mine???
canady3428

I have had 4 moto droids since it came out, and still have horrible static. I have a dare that has great service,and my old boulder was static free. Everyone I talk to verizon is surprised that I have a problem!  The droid is great for everything but phone calls! Is it only me or does anyone else have a static problem?

0 Likes
Re: Only mine???
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I sent you a PM on this.  Not sure if it is postable here.  Nothing sneaky just I think officially it might be frowned upon information. 

0 Likes
canady3428

I am on droid #5, I have tried everything. I still have static. This time I did not add any apps to make sure that was not the problem, still static. Verizon needs to admit there is a problem.

0 Likes
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

From other customers response on this issue, they have quoted that the static came from a particular application that has been downloaded on the phone. To the full discussion, you can click on this link: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Android-Devices/droid-static/td-p/142372;jsessionid=34F8EE1866FD85F8764...

If the issue is a application download, you may want to try removing all applications and then see if it resolves your issue. Once you find which application is the cause, you be able to utilize your phone at a much better quality.

0 Likes
canady3428

Brittney,

Read the post right before this one! Thanks for nothing! 

0 Likes
Bamabraz13

I am on my 5th Droid phone in two weeks. The call quality is terrible and Verizon says they have never heard of the problem. I have talked to the Verizon Techs on the phone and have also had the Manager of the Verizon store call use my phone and they say they hear static. They also say that it is the first time they have encountered the static issue. I called again today and they said they would send out a work ticket out for my problem but I bet they will do nothing. I have driven to two different states and hundreds of miles and the problem follows me. I have been lucky enough to talk to the same person on the phone at Verizon and he seems sincere in helping but nothing is being corrected. I also printed out all these forums about the static and took it into the store because Verizon told me to. They wouldn't even look at them. Motorola has over 44 pages of Droid static or call quality issues on their forums. I had the GZ One for two years and never once did I have an issue with static. This phone has been a total letdown for the price. I do not even download any apps due to any other issues I may encounter with it. I was told from the Verizon Tech that once the ticket was issued, I would have three days to see if it got better. If not, he suggested I try the HTC. What??? If I wanted the HTC I would have bought it the first time. I asked to step down to the new GZ Rock and I was told I couldn't. That is insane, a cheaper phone but I can't have it. Oh, my wife bought a Droid a week ago and also has major static. Taking hers back tomorrow for something else to. This phone sucks.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

canady3428 wrote:

Brittney,

Read the post right before this one! Thanks for nothing! 

okay. now lets figure what you have done so we can suggest what you should do.

what have you tried to date?

0 Likes
canady3428

I have tried everything, swapped the phone out 5 or 6 times. Had verizon check the network, did not add any apps. I gave gave up and swapped for the droid eris, it has no battery life but at least I can hear on it!

0 Likes
canady3428

I swapped for the HTC and it is at least clear, it has no battery life but at least it has no static. It is not the phone I wanted or paid for but I was tired of setting up a phone every few weeks!

0 Likes