Original YouTube account not working
Orinjnanu
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to log on to YouTube with the Android app, it only has my gmail account. I tried linking my account to the phone directly from the website, it showed up in the login menu, but it didn't log in correctly. I really want to be able to post videos from my phone again. But I can't do that when my account is messed up. If anyone has suggestions or questions, please say so.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Original YouTube account not working
Orinjnanu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I found a solution. I found a third party youtube app that allows me to use the sign in bars. If it doesn't work, I'll repost on here... Wish me luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I would start by Clearing the Data/Cache for Youtube on the phone and then it will re-prompt you for the login info on the next launch of it.

Menu / Settings / Applications / Downloaded / scroll down to YOUTUBE & Click on it /  press CLEAR DATA  & CLEAR CACHE

0 Likes
Orinjnanu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried it, didn't work. When I went to log in to youtube from the app, it offered my gmail again, and the chance to make a new gmail account. No youtube account was available.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I would go to YouTube.Com using your PC and check that your settings are all correct -- specifically, check your Email settings online ... It really sounds like you have something out of sync between the phone & YouTube online. 

Also, I would Uninstall the YouTube APP, power off the phone, power up, and Re-download & install it.

0 Likes
Orinjnanu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I found a solution. I found a third party youtube app that allows me to use the sign in bars. If it doesn't work, I'll repost on here... Wish me luck.

0 Likes