Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Original YouTube account not working
Orinjnanu

When I try to log on to YouTube with the Android app, it only has my gmail account. I tried linking my account to the phone directly from the website, it showed up in the login menu, but it didn't log in correctly. I really want to be able to post videos from my phone again. But I can't do that when my account is messed up. If anyone has suggestions or questions, please say so.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Original YouTube account not working
Orinjnanu

I believe I found a solution. I found a third party youtube app that allows me to use the sign in bars. If it doesn't work, I'll repost on here... Wish me luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21

I would start by Clearing the Data/Cache for Youtube on the phone and then it will re-prompt you for the login info on the next launch of it.

Menu / Settings / Applications / Downloaded / scroll down to YOUTUBE & Click on it /  press CLEAR DATA  & CLEAR CACHE

0 Likes
Orinjnanu

Tried it, didn't work. When I went to log in to youtube from the app, it offered my gmail again, and the chance to make a new gmail account. No youtube account was available.

0 Likes
Cody21

I would go to YouTube.Com using your PC and check that your settings are all correct -- specifically, check your Email settings online ... It really sounds like you have something out of sync between the phone & YouTube online. 

Also, I would Uninstall the YouTube APP, power off the phone, power up, and Re-download & install it.

0 Likes
Orinjnanu

I believe I found a solution. I found a third party youtube app that allows me to use the sign in bars. If it doesn't work, I'll repost on here... Wish me luck.

0 Likes