Re: PLEASE HELP-STILL SAME PROBLEM AFTER 4 MONTHS- Dinc caller ID problems with 2.2
jasonvancouver

Hi guys,  I have talked with probably 5 different people at VZW and my concern regarding caller ID failer was escalated to their Tier 2 support.

I have pretty much given up on Verizon and their "help" team.  I seem to have the issue most when I am on a second call and someone else tries to call in.

Nothing I have tried has worked.  I have wiped the phone twice and received a warranty phone with the same problem.

I am glad that Verizon is finally realizing their is a problem.

If anyone comes up with a solution......I too would appreciate hearing about it.

thanksk !!

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP-STILL SAME PROBLEM AFTER 4 MONTHS- Dinc caller ID problems with 2.2
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure you have the most updated software on the device. 

From the main screen, touch Menu
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates

Ensure that you are not downloading any applications that may access the contacts and cause issues. 

Make sure that you have not downloaded an antivirus application, as it may adversely affect the contact list.  

Only use the default dialing application.   

Manually re-sync your contacts with your Gmail Account.  

0 Likes
jasonvancouver

Thanks for trying, Noah, but I have done all of your suggestions and more, including troubleshooting with HTC and getting a warranty phone.

If you take the time to google "called ID issues with droid incredible" you will easily see that you have a problem.  Go to any of the major droid forums and you will see people complaining of the issue both for the Incredible and HTC Evo.

Please do you research with the online community outside of this Verizon site before concluding you do not have a reported issue.

A 10 year old could google this issue and see that there is a problem.

However, thanks for trying.

0 Likes
jasonvancouver

I will absolutely post any solution I hear of, including posting on all of the other Droid forums out there.

Verizon has pretty much been worthless is trying to correct the issues. 

Verizon has good intentions - absolutelty and they are offering suggestions that makes sense, but they have failed to realize that there is an issue out there. 

As I said in the post earlier, 2 minutes of research by a 10 year old would reveal that several people have complained of this issue on the various Droid forums and blogs. 

Perhaps Verizon is not taking the time to do their research, or the problem is affecting too few of us for it to be worth their time to correct....that would be my guess.

For me, I have given up and am living with it. 

The problem occurs mostly when I am on a second line and a new call comes in. 

0 Likes
jasonvancouver

Note to Verizon, this problem started Post 2.2 Froyo update...you will also be able to verify this by doing a google search and seeing what others are saying on the forums and blogs. 

Other then that, the Incredible is the best phone I have ever owned.

0 Likes
716EB

I have had my incredible since summer 2010, 2.2, has problems, Caller ID does not work properly. No answers!! 

Iphone!!

716EB

0 Likes
jasonvancouver

See Verizon... you have a known issue. 

I guess by the time they do something about it, we'll all be on our next phone, lol !

0 Likes
TDS40
I'm on my second HTC Incredible. First one was replaced under warranty.

My issue. Most of the time Caller ID only shows the 10 digit number even when its in my contacts.

VZW tech support was not able to help me, but will replace the phone again under warranty????

I only see one solution to my caller ID problem, which is documented by VZW tech support yet still remains unresolved... change service providers.... I have been with VZW since 2002 and they have left me stuck holding the ball with a known defect. Unacceptable!
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

TDS40 wrote:
I'm on my second HTC Incredible. First one was replaced under warranty.

My issue. Most of the time Caller ID only shows the 10 digit number even when its in my contacts.

VZW tech support was not able to help me, but will replace the phone again under warranty????

I only see one solution to my caller ID problem, which is documented by VZW tech support yet still remains unresolved... change service providers.... I have been with VZW since 2002 and they have left me stuck holding the ball with a known defect. Unacceptable!

Hi TDS40,

I understand your discontent; I would be frustrated if my caller ID didn't work properly. You are a valued customer and we would do every thing within our ability to resolve the caller ID issues you are experiencing. Please ensure that you have the latest software version (Build: 3.26.605.1/Baseband Version: 2.15.00.07.28) installed on your phone. You can find instructions to view your software version at this LINK. Also, please make sure that your contacts are listed as Google contacts (Gmail contacts). Facebook, Exchange and other contacts may not be properly linked with caller ID.

I have checked my resources and this caller ID issue is not listed as a Known issue by the manufacturer; this basically means that the manufacturer has not been able to duplicate the issue (we understand some customers may experience this issue). If the issue is duplicated in the future a resolution will be worked on (most likely with a software update) and all Droid Incredible owners will be notified of resolution. 

Additionally, we could file a Product Issue Form with your device's particular information to document the issue and expedite a resolution. 

If you want to have a Product Issue Form submitted please complete an account verification form at this Link and then send me a Private Message including your full name and wireless number. I will then contact you by phone to complete the Product Issue Form. This will take a few minutes and will help us document the issue and will most likely expedite a resolution. If you do not feel comfortable completing the account verification form online you can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 at your convenience and ask our customer service representative to submit a Product Issue Form for your device.

Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum; while our Social Media Team will keep on eye on the forum posts, we offer other options to contact us directly for assistance:

Via email 24/7 by clicking on this CONTACT US link, also found on the top right area of this page.

Via Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm and Saturday 7am to 4pm.

By phone at 1-800-922-0204 every day of the week from 6am to 11pm CST.

0 Likes
caller id intermittent on verizon iphone 4s
Mahoningtown

I have the same problem many of you are having.  My caller ID is intermittent on my iPhone 4s.  Some of you have different cell phones I see.  Well, I went to the Verizon store in Huntsville, AL next to Target on US 72 west.  They told me to add a "1" in front of the area code.  Although it worked for a few hours I still have the same problem.  It's ridiculous.  I've never had a problem on my "dumb phones."  This is the first smart phone for me.  What gives Verizon????  Can ya help?  I know that this isn't an official "Verizon" help area, but it is Verizon community forum!!!!????  So again, can ya help Verizon??????????????????

Yes, my software is up to date.  Yes I've reset my iPhone SEVERAL times (Reset ALL settings)!  Yes, I've dialed *228 and updated my roaming.  Yes I've updated my "Network  Settings."  I think Verizon needs to really research and fix this problem!

0 Likes