I HAVE A DROID X, I HAVE HAD IT FOR 3 MONTHS NOW. MONTH AFTER I BOUGHT THE PHONE I WAS SURPRISED ABOUT THE FACT AS TO WHY IT WOULD RANDOMLY SELECT AN APP AFTER I HAD JUST TURNED THE DISPLAY ON AND IT SEEMED TO ME AS IF THE PHONE WAS THINKING I WAS PRESSING DOWN IN THAT PARTICULAR SPOT BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT GO AWAY!! I HAD TO PULL OUT THE BATTERY BECAUSE I WAS NOT ABLE TO POWER IT DOWN FROM THE BUTTON. SO I THOUGHT, SO WHAT MAYBE ITS JUST A LITTLE BUG. 2 WEEKS AGO IT REALLY GOT ON MY NERVES I TOOK IT TO VERIZON AND TRIED TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING BUT THE PHONE WAS FUNCTIONING FINE IN FRONT OF THEM. I TOLD THEM HOW I HAVE DONE THE HARD RESET 2 TIMES AND THEY SAID OK HOLD ON. THEY UPDATED THE PHONE TO 2.2 AND GAVE IT BACK TO ME AND SAID ITS ALL FINE NOW. SO I TOOK IT HOME, COUPLE DAYS LATER I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A CALL TO A FRIEND AND IT WOULD NOT GO THROUGH I DIALED THE NUMBER AND HIT THE TALK/SEND BUTTON AND NOTHING HAPPENED, (I LATER VERIFIED WITH FRIEND, THEY RECEIVED NO CALL). THE PHONE DECIDED TO TURN OFF ON ME AND THEN RESTARTED, AFTER THAT I WAS ABLE TO MAKE A CALL BUT MY INTERNET STOPPED WORKING THEN, FOR ABOUT GOOD 20 MINUTES I HAD NO INTERNET AND I WAS ACTUALLY ON BART RIDING TO WORK AND I WAS WELL OVER 20 FEET FROM THE GROUND AND I RECEIVED NO INTERNET SERVICE, VERIFIED WITH VERIZON MAP THAT THERE IS MAGNIFICENT SERVICE IN FREMONT, CA. SO I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE VERIZON STORE AND THE GUY TOLD ME THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PHONE, LONG STORY SHORT, HOW DO I PROVE TO VERIZON THAT MY PHONE IS SCREWING UP AND CONSTANTLY DOES THE SYMPTOMS I DESCRIBED ABOVE. MY PHONE IS NOT ROOTED OR ANYTHING ITS ACTUALLY PRETTY SIMPLE I HAVE ABUT 3 APPS AS OF RIGHT NOW DUE TO ALL THE PROBLEMS. YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW FRUSTRATING THIS MAY BE FOR ME WHEN I USE MY PHONE FOR MY WORK AND PERSONAL USE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? IM UP FOR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT.
WOW! That post was really hard to read with all that CAPS everywhere. Has anyone ever told you that using all caps is considered Internet shouting or yelling? I understand the fustration but there is no need to take it out on the rest of us who want to help.
I read that you have done the reset but try one more time using Wildman's post. From what I have read it is helping most people. You can find it here.
If that doen't work, it might be time for a warranty replacement.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
I have two things to say on your situation.
1. By chance was you touching any part of the screen when you attempted to click the other buttons, because the screen does support multitouch but I have learned that this is only in curtain areas and it you touch any part of the screen while tring to select a menu it will not work. Try it, touch a open area of screen and then try to click a button, I am sure it wont work.
2. When they flashed it to 2.2 did they reset the device and you lost everything or did they just installed it over the 2.1 and all your information was stilll in the phone when they handed it back to you? I ask because the update seems to cause issues when just installed but device information wasnt wiped first, Try This:
This has been verified as being the best way to stop a number of the issues that has developed after doing Froyo update, the system seem to keep the 2.1 app and settings during installation process and this seems to cause a number of incompatible issues with a number of devices.... Follow this process after completing Froyo Update to avoid problems..
Follow these settings during restore to avoid issues being restored automatically.
1. Uncheck "Back up my data" under Settings/Privacy
2. Click Factory Data Reset/Reset Phone
3. After reset is complete only Active Phone but do not input Google Email information
4. Once phone is at homepage go back into Settings/Privacy and make sure the Automatic Restore option is unchecked, even if grayed out, activate "Back up my data" and quickly disable "Automatic Restore"
5. After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps and custom settings.
This process will stop all applications and settings from restoring automatically and restoring original issues that usually resolve a number of issues.
Funny it look like me and Ann154 is on the same page on this subject
Ann: I appolgize for all the upercases, i am aware it aclaims that i was shouting....So i will give the method a try thanks for your help. See how it goes but that does sound promising.
Wildman: I am 100% sure i did not have another finger touching the display. This is definitely not a multitouch isssue. You asked me if all my data was on their when they handed my phone back and my answer is yes. I believe they only did an update. All my apps and such were on their when i got it back. I will follow the steps and see if that solves the problem.
I UNDERSTAND your frustration!!!
You have many of my problems - I've had them for almost 2 years. I learned how to do the factory reset myself, I was having so many issues!!! This phone REALLY seems to be a piece of junk!!
Wont take or save from message photos OR videos.
Wont install apps - like GroundSpeak
Wont run apps - like Kindle
Runs HALF an app - like Google Navigator (sometimes no satellite, sometimes no voice)
Boots up all by itsself.
Sound is intermidently impossible to hear.
Speach recognition is a JOKE
I am on the phone with Verizon for HOURS everytime I call them. They replaced the phone once - this one is NINE TIMES WORSE but I dont have the time to call them... HATE MY MOTOROLA DROID X
You say you've taken it to the store? I can just walk in there with my phone & they will look at it?