People that I call receive static or no noise
Craddock

This is my second Droid Charge......(I will just have to throw tht out there!)  Ok so during conversations the people that I am speaking too cant hear me, or they hear static on the line.  I have hard reset the phone and turned it off turned it back on hoping to get rid of the problem.  Sometimes it occurs after a few mins & sometimes it occurs during a longer conversations.  I will be continuing to speak and I hear the other party say "Hello" "Are you there?" I can hear them just fine.  Even when they claim they hear static on my line.  I have a clear connection.  Any ideas as to how I can prevent this?  Its beginning to be a pain the rear........And sometimes when it does this my screen locks up and I dont even have the option of using the side key to turn the power off.  I have to take the battery out and it will eventually begin working again.  Dont know if the two issues are related considering it happens pretty much at the same time.  Any advice that I can receive will be greatly appreciated !

Thank you

Monica Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: People that I call receive static or no noise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Craddock, I want to make sure your device works as it should!  I can imagine how inconvenient this can be.  When was the device last replaced?  Did the orignal phone have the same symptoms?  Can you please provide the current software version you are running on the device?  This can be found by going to Menu>Settings>About Phone.  I am confident we can work together to find a solution.  I will be eager to read your response.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jeb25

I too have the same problem. I just replaced the first phone (which totally died within six months. I have had my replacement phone less than a week and already have same problem. Call isn't dropped but the other person can't hear me. Like the mic cuts out. Very frustrating! Where under 'About Phone' is the software version? Thanks

0 Likes
bwindle

I'm having this same issue.  It is not consistent but seems to be getting worse...  at least half my calls I can clearly hear who I'm on the phone with speaking, but they can't hear me at all, I must hang up and call them back.   Please help!!!!

I don't have a software version listed my hardware version is i510.06

firmware version 2.3.6

let me know if you need more info

0 Likes
bwindle

I'm having this same issue.  It is not consistent but seems to be getting worse...  at least half my calls I can clearly hear who I'm on the phone with speaking, but they can't hear me at all, I must hang up and call them back.   Please help!!!!

I don't have a software version listed my hardware version is i510.06

firmware version 2.3.6

let me know if you need more info

0 Likes
pitterpat

I have the same problem with my Charge.  it happens sometimes after a long conversation or when i go from speaker phone for an automated line or am on hold a lot.  It is extremely frustrating.  I just got a replacement phone because my other one "lost" my contacts, and it just happened on the new one too!  The system is updated and i have the hardware version i510.06.

0 Likes
GuyTheRiot

I've had the same problem for a long time now and should have done something about it sooner because now the phone is not under warrenty.  I saw a posting back in August of 2011 where the Verizon tech said the problem would be fixed in the next version of the software.  I would think they have pushed at least one version out since then.  Has anyone ever had this problem resolved?  If so then please reply with how.  I'm getting tired of calling back friends, family and business associates to apologize for the phone and a service I bought from Verizon.  This kind of bad rap from current users can't be good for their sales so you'd think they would want to fix it fast.  When I took it into their store the guy up front told me to soak a toothpick in alcohol then stick it into the hole where the microphone is.  (He is obviously a product of the finest public school system in the world and extensive company training!)  If Verizon can't help then the only resolution I can think of is to replace the phone (and service provider) when my contract is up.

Firmware 2.3.6

Kernel     2.6.35.7-FP1

Build # SCH-I510.FP1

No info on SW version under Settings

0 Likes
Lekina28

This is crazy!!! I just called Verizon about this problem!  I have been having this problem since I got the phone.  It SUCKS!!  I'm glad that I am not the only one having this problem,.  I have had my phone only since March 2012 and I hate it.  Phones shouldn't be like this, for as much as we have to pay every month.  Have you been able to get your's resolved?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Frustrasted,

Gina

Jacksonville, AR

0 Likes