'People' won't work. Can't get to my contacts at all.
sem1123

When I go to the 'People' it just opens to a white screen and then shuts down.  I can't view my contacts at all, but I know they are in there.  When I get a call from someone, it shows their name correctly.  I tried syncing them with my google account. It says it is synced, but when I log into my gmail, there are no contacts listed.  I am completely frustrated with this.  Am I going to lose my contacts?  I can't even get in there to write down the phone numbers in case I do.

0 Likes
Re: 'People' won't work. Can't get to my contacts at all.
B33
Legend

Semi... since you have a google account attached to your phone go to Gmail.com on you pc enter you Username an password an go to main page down along the left side of your page you should find contacts check an see if your contacts are there if they are you can re- send them back to your incredible. Check that out an if works let me Know. B33

0 Likes
sem1123

The contacts are not showing up in google.  Even after I force it to sync.  It's like the sync can't access my contacts either.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go back into people Hit your Menu Button an tap export/import an see if they might pop up there if this does'nt work try this go to menu > settings > SD & phone Storage go into the Area scroll down to Un-mount the SD card.  Unmount the card but do nothing Els. when it shows to remount.. remount it. Recheck the area to see if there back.

0 Likes
sem1123

Like I said before, I can't do anything in People.  When I go to People, it goes white and then closes.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i would say you'll have to re-enter your contacts in your inc. When i set up my contacts i do it with google that way if i perform a Factor Reset an i have to reprogram my Inc. or Droid X as soon as i'm done an i re-enter my Google account the Contacts flow back into both of them or the one i'm reprograming at that Time. An it's fast an easy but if you don't program that contact or contacts with google or back up Assistant witch i'm not trust worthy of you'll be in the same situation. An i hate to see that especially if you had a bunch of Contacts. Good luck to ya B33

0 Likes
sem1123

But again, the bigger issue right now for me is I can't go to the actual 'People' list and view my contacts.  Is there a way to fix that?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok let's try this another way have tried a Soft Reset to do that you'll need to pull the Battery while the phone is on.. pull the cover then battery while the battery is out hold down your power button for 20 sec. when finished put the battery back in start the phone an then see if it will bring up the people List. If that does' nt remedy the problem Budone might have a Solution to fix it but if it was my phone i would do a Factory Reset. An the reason i'm saying this you may have a Bad file that's causing a block of your Contacts or maybe a bad app that's causing this as well some apps use your contacts an if this happen right after an app installment the app will need to be be removed.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sem1123, I understand how vital the People section of the phone is, so I want to make sure we get this working. First, you stated there were no contacts in Google, but have you checked Backup Assistant? It is possible they may be backed up there also. Next clear cache from People (Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>People) . As long as you do not clear data or clear Contact Storage, this should not delete your contacts. If you do not have the option to clear cache, you will need to clear data, which will erase your contacts in the phone. If they are backed up to Backup Assistant, you will have the opportunity to sync them back afterwards.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes