Performed the update today.....failure!!!
PhxTony

Well, actually I "tried" to perform the update today and now my phone is frozen.  During the update the phone froze, I let it sit for a couple hours, nothing happened. 

I pulled the battery, let it sit....rebooted, stuck on white HTC screen. Next I pulled the sim card along with the battery, let it sit a few minutes, rebooted again, same thing, stuck on white HTC screen. 

After that, i did the "power button, volume down" boot, tried to do the factory reset, but it just freezes, I have tried everything i could think of, anyone else experience this?  Also tried the "recovery" option, that didnt work either.

0 Likes
Re: Performed the update today.....failure!!!
smitty70

we have the same problem with our one indcrediable 2 . phone keeps freezing up , did factory reset and everything and still wont work. the htc screen blinks white then to black and when it finally does go to main screen says NO SERVICE . getting really annoyed with this . need some answers on how to fix this problem since the stupid update. HELP US

0 Likes
tickedx5

This happened to my husbands phone (third time to both of us) and i called Verizon, we already did everything they suggested for "troubleshooting" and they are now sending us the same stupid phone, that I'm sure will do the same thing when they push and update.  This will now be the 5th phone that they bricked...needless to say, when we get the new phone, we will no longer be Verizon customers.  We pay over $165/month and their "goodwill" gesture was to discount our bill $30 or send us an accessories package (which we already had all of the stuff)...give me a break.  I had to ask to speak to a supervisor to even get the $30. What a joke! I've never asked for any kind of discount or ANYTHING before, but after 5 phones WE ARE DONE...

0 Likes
PhxTony

Well after taking time off work to take my phone to a Verizon store, I found out my phone was 1 month out of warrenty, and that there was nothing Verizon could do.  The "tech" who was helping me suggested I file a claim with Asurion and say the phone is physically damaged and that they would send me a new one.  When I told her that my phone was bricked by a software update from Verizon, she simply just shrugged her shoulders and said that it wasn't Verizon's fault.  I told her that filing an insurance claim saying that my phone was "physically" damaged when it really isn't is insurance fraud.  After that, I was too p*ssed and frustrated and I left. 

Called Verizon when I got to work, told the CSA on the phone what the Verizon tech. at the store said, and she said that it is insurance fraud and to disregard her "stupid" suggestion.  Although I am sure the csa on the phone tried her hardest, she could not help me either.  So here I was, stuck with a brand new looking phone that was bricked by a software update, and 1 month out of warranty......I wont say what i did next lol...........but it did involve a hammer. 

0 Likes