Phone DIED!
crappgame

I have had this happen to several of my Droids. What I believe is happening is the charger is "over-heating" the battery throughout the night.

Sometimes I will get lucky and after sitting in the "Black Screen of Death" for awhile, couple hours, I will come back and it will be back to regular screen again. But I know death is coming soon.

I don't know for sure to be honest but this is my guess after being recognized as the person with the fastest phone replacement at our local phone store. Well that's earned me a little knowledge about what I got going on with these Droids.

I have 1 of 2 things always happen. Total Death which I do not even get the Black Screen of Death and this means to me I water damaged it again or with the Black Screen of Death it is because I have so damned many Power Supply Cords in my grasp, and even tho they were all issued to my Droids, they are NOT inter-changeable. And the OVER-HEATING problem kills my Droids internal little programmed wiring's and it is as well as DEAD.

Replacement is all I have ever been able to do.

I just wanted to share my experience here as to what may (or may not) be happening to our phones. If I find out otherwise I will update this Post but I must be on my 10th Droid I am pretty sure this is whats happening.

Good luck to everyone. Please Post if you have found a cure that we can do to fix our phones rather then replace.

gooshimin

0 Likes
Re: Phone just DIED!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crappgame,

Good thing this VZW wiz kid has all the tools to help get you back up and running without worries of needing a replacement at this point. Now, which model device do you currently own? Which version software are you currently running on it? And what kind of troubleshooting have you taken on?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes