Phone Dial screen.
stace15

For some reason from my home screen, on my Incredible 2, when I select phone to dial a number nothing happens. The phone keyboard does not expand. Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone Dial screen.
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Causaurius, 

Have you tried the steps provided by Jon_Doh in the previous posting? (Thanks Jon_Doh!) I would like to ask if the reboot resolved your issues?

Please post back with your findings, we want to make sure that you are able to make and receive calls on your device. 

Thanks much and have a good day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried to remove widget and place it back and see if that helps...

0 Likes
Causarius

I also seem to be having this problem.

Here is an image of what is happening.

http://i51.tinypic.com/vqqsgk.jpg

This was one of multiple seemingly related issues that aparently manifested at the same time.

The phone would indicate that there was "no service."

"Phone" did not work and I could not dial out without going to "People."

Contacts in "People" were no longer identified with names and pictures, but only by phone number.

Even though the phone said there was no service I could text and recieve texts, and call and recieve calls.

The issues with my contacts has apparently fixed itself, and I don't get "no service" messages anymore...but the "Phone" issue persists.

Wildman suggests trying to remove the "Phone" widget and replace it, but I don't see how this is possible.
"Phone" is not a widget and it cannot be removed from the Home screen and it is not listed under the "Add widget" menu, as far as I can tell.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Jon_Doh
Contributor - Level 1

Try a soft reset and battery pull and reboot the phone.  But before you reboot, go into settings and turn off the fast reboot option.  That should restore the dial screen.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Causaurius, 

Have you tried the steps provided by Jon_Doh in the previous posting? (Thanks Jon_Doh!) I would like to ask if the reboot resolved your issues?

Please post back with your findings, we want to make sure that you are able to make and receive calls on your device. 

Thanks much and have a good day!

0 Likes
cryptodogg

This is occurring on my Incredible 2 also.  I have disabled the fast boot, pulled batt, and upon start up have the same issue.  This is a real pain when you can't dial a number one time and you don't want to add it to your contacts.

0 Likes