Phone hung at Red Moto Logo
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

So this morning I was trying to share an image from FB and it said that I needed to make sure my SD card was mounted correctly. Went to the gallery as that is usually an indicator if there is something getting ready to happen (for me anyway) and it doesn't load the pictures, so I shut the phone down, popped the battery and pulled out the SD card (that always works for me in the past when I can't easily access pictures in the gallery). The card was plugged back in the slot, popped the battery back in and powered it back up.

The phone powers up as usual and I hear the audio that usually plays when it loads the SD card, but the phone is stuck at the red moto logo and i can't do anything. I don't want to pop the battery just yet incase it is doing some kind of configuration but it has never sat on the red moto logo this long other than when it upgraded to GB back in August.

Anyone else having this problem lately where it just hangs on the red moto logo?

0 Likes
Re: Phone hung at Red Moto Logo
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I had that happen once after Pandora crashed & hung up my phone (about 2 weeks after the GB upgrade).  After I power reset it, it hung on the Red Moto. So I just pulled the battery and put it back in after about 2 mins. and it came right up ... and I uninstalled Pandora.

0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

yeah that took care of it this time thanks.....just a new problem to add to my long list of issues since the GB update.....atleast I have an upgrade coming to me now, just gotta figure out if I want to mess with Android anymore (I love it, but hate what phone vendors do to it (i.e. Moto modifyin the heck out of it)) or if I just want to up and go back to an iPhone that won't make me reboot or pull the battery all the time.

decisions decisions

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Like Cody stated, this issue is usually due to a app that is having issues..  My suggestion is to try to identify the possible problem app to find a log time fix..  This solution may require you uninstalling apps one at time until you can identify the issue app or maybe consider a hard reset and then install apps slowly..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I agree as well with what Cody an Wildman said if it's going that far as to lock up that bad. My X has never locked up like that... as you described but i really watch what i install on it. When i decide to get a New app from the Market i read all the comments if they are any.  i ask the Guys on here as well if they've tried the app or i'll just read the Op's comments an others.

like this App...By DEXILOG,LLC... Smart Keyboard Pro

A very good App thats been out for some time Now an was reviewed an talked about on the board of how great it works once installed on the phone. 

Wildman he installed it on his Phone an i'm certain he's still go it. Really liked how it worked for him as he said it was easy to type with. An on the payed version there were many ways you adjust it to suite your needs an typing styles. this is what i look for before i install any apps on my Droids.   B33   

0 Likes