Phone not working since Android update on 11-5-2013?
B_o_o_n_e

My phone started an android update around 8:30 pm CST on November 5th and as of this post at 7:49 am on November 6th my phone is still not working. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? It is currently on the locked screen and it keeps flashing and says no service. It does not respond to finger touches at all. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone not working since Android update on 11-5-2013?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For which phone is this?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TMH90

My husband's phone did this last night 11/12/13.  It is now completely dead.  He took it to the Version Store today and they say it's been "compromised"... that he or someone did something to it!  They claim they've "never seen anything like this before". .....he's 73 and has no clue how to compromise a phone!!!  The last thing he remembers before it died is another update demand came from green droid and then his phone died.  Verizon is refusing to do anything about it even though I'm pretty sure after reading some of the problems abut this last update, that Verizon is who's to blame. Be very aware this could happen to you if your phone dies.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TMH90 wrote:

My husband's phone did this last night 11/12/13.  It is now completely dead.  He took it to the Version Store today and they say it's been "compromised"... that he or someone did something to it!  They claim they've "never seen anything like this before". .....he's 73 and has no clue how to compromise a phone!!!  The last thing he remembers before it died is another update demand came from green droid and then his phone died.  Verizon is refusing to do anything about it even though I'm pretty sure after reading some of the problems abut this last update, that Verizon is who's to blame. Be very aware this could happen to you if your phone dies.

And which phone model is your husband's device? The users of this community forum can't help you without more information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
3Droid4sAndCounting

Ridiculous, we are in the category of Droid/Droid2 so I can narrow it down for you - THE DROID or DROID2 , not much difference to worry about there. And Why isnt there a Droid 3 or Droid 4 category , they both have their share of issues to discuss as well!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your husbands phone is having issues and you were unable to receive assistance at the store TMH90. We would love to perform more trouble-shooting and get the resolved. Have you tried to charge the phone? Did you try a different store? Is the phone damaged and is the phone still under the 1 year manufactures warranty? Lets start here and get this resolved so he can have a working phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

3Droid4sAndCounting wrote:

Ridiculous, we are in the category of Droid/Droid2 so I can narrow it down for you - THE DROID or DROID2 , not much difference to worry about there. And Why isnt there a Droid 3 or Droid 4 category , they both have their share of issues to discuss as well!

The discussions and questions for the DROID 3 & DROID 4 are located in the general space. The decision to create individual spaces on this community forum is up to the Community Managers and Administrators not the individual users.

0 Likes
3Droid4sAndCounting

Got it

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
3Droid4sAndCounting

Dude, TOTALLY different rsvp to nothing i EVRR communicatec to you - clean up the messages and responses!

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
3Droid4sAndCounting

Not a clue who you are talki g with, but it has never been me!

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes