Phone numbers will not auto populate
bpidan

I can't seeam to have phone numbers auto populate upon clicking a phone number off a web site....this is very frustrating or text or e-mail.  The phone number is hyperlinked and automatically opens my dialer.  I still have to key in the phone number which now I cannot see.  Recently the phone was replaced by verizon and I am positive it used to work.

0 Likes
Re: Phone numbers will not auto populate
giraffeweb

Why are there no answers to this?  I have the same problem and no one seems to know.  For some reason on one of the updates, this feature was disabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Giraffeweb, I know how important this feature is as I use it all the time to call companies while searching the web. First, please remove your battery for a few seconds then reboot. If no change, clear cache from your Dialer. It will be listed under either Dialer or Phone. Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Phone, Clear cache. I've seen others also clear cache or uninstall updates from Google Maps to resolve this. Test after uninstalling updates, then update again.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lorraine2

Had no cache on Dialer or Phone in apps, so nothing to clear. From other threads I have seen, so far there still seems not solution. It appears that resetting, clearing and everything does not solve the problem. My son has older version of Android software and his works fine. Is it something to do with global phone? Cannot figure out how to reload the Dialer or Phone apps to see if that resolves, but with so many with this problem, how come no-one is giving an answer? The only thing I can think is that someone is just hoping we will all buy new equipment instead.

0 Likes