Phone overheating & auto-shutting off after update?
kmoore1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like many, I received the update for my Droid Bionic this morning. It got stuck on Updating Media something so I took out battery and restarted. It started up just fine...got all the pop ups about the new features, etc. But it's been overheating and shutting of every 15 minutes or so. What gives???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone overheating & auto-shutting off after update?
kmoore1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, it's not too late. I figured out the problem. After an hour spent in the VZW store all they offered to do was hard reset or upgrade me. The fix: simply manually update all the apps on my phone. The phone was overheating because it was trying to update everything at once. I turned off automatic updates and manually update all my apps. Phone is working perfectly now. And I'm receiving texts & phone calls again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's too late now, but you should never pull the battery in the midst of an update, especially a major one like this one.  I'd suggest clearing the phone cache and maybe doing a soft reset and see if that helps.

0 Likes
kmoore1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, it's not too late. I figured out the problem. After an hour spent in the VZW store all they offered to do was hard reset or upgrade me. The fix: simply manually update all the apps on my phone. The phone was overheating because it was trying to update everything at once. I turned off automatic updates and manually update all my apps. Phone is working perfectly now. And I'm receiving texts & phone calls again.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Excellent!!!

0 Likes