Phone running sluggish/battery draining quickly
hbailey

Phone is running sluggishly and battery is draining quickly. Have done soft reset, cleaned out pictures/apps, forced stopped apps/disabled notifications. Only major drain according to battery manager is android OS. Phone is a year old but software is up to date. Also plenty of memory/Ram....any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Phone running sluggish/battery draining quickly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we get your phone back in great working condition again, hbailey. I appreciate all the steps that you have tried on your own. Sounds like you are well educated on your device. How long has this been going on? Was there any recent changes to your phone (new 3rd party applications or software update)? Please keep me posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hbailey

No new apps or software update, sometimes it runs fine but most of the time

sluggish. New development is a delay in audio when I answer calls and

sometimes the screen stays black when I'm receiving calls

On Jan 9, 2016 9:13 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
hbailey

Oh and its been going on approx 1 week

On Jan 9, 2016 9:13 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hbailey, that is great details for us to use to help troubleshoot the issue. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to get the phone back on the right bath ASAP. I would recommend on trying to place the phone into Safe Mode for a few hours to see if the issues still happens. This link will walk you through the steps on how to place the phone in this mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83030/ Please keep in mind while the phone is in safe mode you will not be able to use any 3rd party applications. But, you can still use the phone to make/receive phone calls and text and the default web browser. Please keep us posted after you test the device out.
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hbailey

So I put the phone into safe mode and it appeared to make a difference

initially but within 15 mins the phone was running poorly again. I'm not

sure safe mode was working properly though. I was still able to open and

run apps like My Fitness Pal and My Days X while I had safe mode on. If it

is a 3rd party app causing issues, is there a diagnostic tool to figure out

which specific app it is? I hate to do this but should I just restore my

phone to factory settings?

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for trying all of these steps for us, hbailey. I'm positive that we will be able to get to the bottom of this for you. We can always run a diagnostic on the phone. The best way for us to go over more specific details is to be in a Direct Message. I did request to follow you and sent the first Direct Message. Please respond back to that message for me. I'm looking forward to working with you.
KevinR_VZW

0 Likes