Phone texting it's self???
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Setting here today and get a notification of an incoming text.  Open it up and the body of the text is an unknown phone # (to me).  So I look at the sender phone # and it's from the phone I'm holding.  To make sure, I send a reply and a few seconds later I receive the reply.  So I call the # in the text body and some guy  answers and has no clue how his # got sent to my phone by my phone.  Anyone have an idea how this could happen?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone texting it's self???
phillthedrill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Other than someone txting you from a website, I'm not sure.  For instance, I can go on verizon's website and send myself a txt by putting my number in the To: and From: line, and then in the body put another number.  It will come on my phone saying it's from me since I put my number in the From: box.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Phone texting it's self???
phillthedrill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Other than someone txting you from a website, I'm not sure.  For instance, I can go on verizon's website and send myself a txt by putting my number in the To: and From: line, and then in the body put another number.  It will come on my phone saying it's from me since I put my number in the From: box.

0 Likes