Phone turns itself off 25 times a day, camera flash doesn't work, phone says it's overheating when it isn't
ZachBrunelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the past 4-6 of weeks my Droid Ultra has been turning itself off without warning 25 times a day. Sometimes in the process of turning it back on (during the colorful Motorola boot screen) it'll turn itself off. Today was the worst of all when I couldn't turn the phone on for an hour because it would turn itself back off mid boot. The phone also says I should close apps and calls to reduce the temperature of my phone when I have no apps or calls open, then almost immediately says my temperature is cool enough and I can go back to normal.

As if all of this happening wasn't enough the camera flash doesn't work correctly when I try to take pictures. When I turn flash on it'll do the burst of flashes to focus but then won't flash when the shutter actually takes the picture. This happens every time and after one attempt the flash doesn't work at all, even for focus or through a flashlight app. Only after restarting my phone does the flash actually flash, but only to focus, it once again doesn't flash when the actual picture is being taken.

I've tried a factory reset, no results at all. I've deleted every app that doesn't come with the phone, no such luck. My phones hasn't been dropped or bashed, these changes started this summer out of the blue.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is deeply frustrating and with my phone being my only way to communicate with my parents while I'm at school it's also quite a hindrance.

Thanks,

Zach

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone turns itself off 25 times a day, camera flash doesn't work, phone says it's overheating when it isn't
ZachBrunelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

No it has not. It's very hot and humid here at school but the problems started before I got here. I called in and a replacement Droid Ultra is on its way to me in the mail since the phone was still under the 1 year warranty.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Phone turns itself off 25 times a day, camera flash doesn't work, phone says it's overheating when it isn't
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ZachBrunelle!

I'm saddened that your having trouble with your device and you efforts are  greatly appreciated, let's get to the bottom of this! You mentioned your device not having any physical damage, has it been exposed to anytime of water/moisture?

0 Likes
ZachBrunelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

No it has not. It's very hot and humid here at school but the problems started before I got here. I called in and a replacement Droid Ultra is on its way to me in the mail since the phone was still under the 1 year warranty.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ah! Perfect ZachBrunelle, I'm glad we're able to replace it under warranty. Thank you for keeping us posted and calling in. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes