Phone won't turn on
felishiarae

I've started to have problems with the phone a while ago but it's just been getting worse. I would like to sell it but now it won't turn on so that I can get all my contacts off of it. It's started to do that a while ago but I would just take out the battery and then it would turn on but it would take such a long time to actually get to the screen! But now it won't turn on. It popped up different options to do a reboot so I did the factory reset thinking that, that might help but it didn't. I've tried charging it but it won't charge at all. I've seen that a lot of people have been having this problem but I haven't really seen a solution. People suggest charging it, doing a reset but it's not allowing me to do either of those. If I have to go to the store in order to get this over with then I will, but if there is anything that I can do at home I would like to do that.

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Felishiarae, I regret to see that you're having so many issues with your Incredible 2. I see that you've tried quite a bit of troubleshooting to get the phone to turn on. If the phone is not taking a charge, I wonder if the battery just died and there is an issue with the charger port. Do you have another charger or battery to test? Have you previously backed up your contacts to either Backup Assistant or Google? If so, you'll be able to restore them from there. To check Backup Assistant, login to My Verizon under your mobile number and select Backup My Contacts under My Device. For Google, login to your Gmail account and select Contacts.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
D_Stewart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem also and i have a different charger and battery to test it. But it just will not turn on anymore. Is there any solution to this problem, or do i need to get another phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi D. Stewart,

Let's locate your missing charge! Have you tried a different battery? Any liquid or physical damage to the device? Try an alternate master reset on the device http://vz.to/1f5jMPf to bring the device back to life.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes