Phones randomly die for no reason.
Fourcannons

Twice in the past month my HTC Incredible has randomly locked up and froze. 

The first time I tried removing the battery and turning the phone on multiple time and each time it would come on and the screen would freeze at different stages of the reboot.  Finally I backed up the SD card and did a factory reset and everything worked fine for about two weeks.  Then during the day it happened again this past week.  I was at work and unable to access the SD card at the time so I did not want to do the factory reset.  Removing the battery did nothing, the phone would not come back on.   About six hours later the phone just comes back on with no problems on its own and has worked fine since.

At this point I'm thinking I've had the phone a few years now time to start shopping for a new one, BUT then guess what happens.....

My wife's LG Extravert cuts off this morning and would not come back on.  Put it on the charger, removed the battery, etc. and nothing would happen at all when it was turned on.  Could not access the card at the time so left it on the charger.  Several hours later charger so battery is full.  Still the phone would not come on, completely useless to try any buttons.

Then about an hour later, it comes on when she tries it again and just before I am getting ready to check her card and make any possible downloads.

It comes on fine with no problems, everything appears to be working normal.

Now what I'd like to know, obviously, is why.

My phone is an HTC Incredible smart phone.  Her phone is an LG Extravert.  Different manufacturers, different operating systems, different phone styles, although they both use micro USB chargers they were each on different chargers when the problems happened, and they are different ages.  The only common feature is the Verizon network.

Can anybody explain what has occurred?

0 Likes
Re: Phones randomly die for no reason.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Thats like asking why the transmissiions in two old cars went out. These phones are old.

0 Likes
Fourcannons

I like the analogy of two old cars, but I don't know if that's the same unless the transmissions were serviced by the same company and when they went out they just happened to randomly begin shifting properly again without any service being done?

Please help me understand what being old has to do with the problem, these aren't bag phones.  How long should a phone last (I don't know)? 

I've done mechanic work (like the example you give above) and computer programming and logistically speaking I am looking for a reason why a phone will not work at one time and then work flawlessly afterwards.  I realize this may be next to impossible to diagnose.

If the phone continued to just not work properly I could understand it being old and worn out.   The phone my wife uses, while an older model, was bought new not much over a year ago and she does not use it much at all.

Thanks

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Thats electroniics for you.

0 Likes