Photo Transferring
paulanton

How does one transfer pictures from the Droid charge to a home pc w/ windows XP?

0 Likes
Re: Photo Transferring
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take the USB cable that came with the phone. Plug one end into the phone. Plug the other end into the computer USB port. On the phone pull down the notification bar and change the USB connection type to the "mount as disk drive" (or similar) option and OK the selection. Let the computer load the drivers as needed. On the computer open your file explorer program. Look for the new external drive listed. Depending on the phone storage, you might have one or two drives. One for the internal storage space and the other is the external SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jco23
Contributor - Level 3

right.

if you want to do it wirelessly, there are apps.  or, you could go into your gallery and upload them to Picasa web album (and then download them from there to your PC)

0 Likes
DLyon

I just went thru this tonight~~  found out that my computer would only recognize the phone as a "drive" and list it in the My Computer place if the USB was plugged into the back slots.

Hope this helps.  It did me... I was FINALLY able to transfer from computer to phone... and i'm pretty sure you could do the reverse.

0 Likes
kellymt

Will this work for a LG and basic plan? My PC can see the phone as new hardware but can find no application.

0 Likes