Re: Planned update has been changed from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5
jimde

Oh please!  Release something?  Obviously you weren't in on the Fascinate fiasco.  Let them get it right then release an update that works. 

I would think that both Samsung and Verizonwireless are are more than a little snakebitten after that mess.  I don't blame them for being energic in their testing.  There is a price to pay for being on the bleeding edge. 

I would be willing to bet that you would be one of the loudest complainers if there were a release with a major flaw.  So don't get your shorts in a wad.  Sit back, make your calls and enjoy a rather awesome piece of hardware even without Gingerbread or Ice cream sandwich.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
I was a owner of the fascinate, the phone worked great minus missing calls all the time. The phone froze up quite a bit, I can deal with that....but I can't miss calls, that is why I switched to this phone. It had been great, minus the dead air issues that plagued it for three weeks. Every once in awhile it happens again for a little while. Verizon said that in this new update that would be fixed. This is the main reason I would like some sort of an update, to fix that. This build will have some bugs I'm sure, even though they are taking extra long on it, plus it would be nice to have improved performance and better battery life and hopefully the cycling of 1x 3g and 4g stops along with the "no connection" of data. This phone could use some fixes. I hope it is a well polished build then since it is taking so long to release. Other samsung phones run gingerbread and seem to be doing well.
0 Likes
phillthedrill
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to this update, it is suppose to fix a bluetooth bug, and the charge should be part of it since a lot of it is samsung updates.

25 Jul 2011

• Brought improved network performance for the Nexus S 4G, among other fixes and improvements.
  • Fixed Bluetooth bug on Samsung Galaxy S
  • Improved Gmail application

Google "2.3.4 vs 2.3.5" to see where they say it on wikipedia.  It wouldn't let me post the URL here.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Very nice....hope it fixes it then
0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

phillthedrill wrote:

According to this update, it is suppose to fix a bluetooth bug, and the charge should be part of it since a lot of it is samsung updates.

25 Jul 2011

• Brought improved network performance for the Nexus S 4G, among other fixes and improvements.
  • Fixed Bluetooth bug on Samsung Galaxy S
  • Improved Gmail application

Google "2.3.4 vs 2.3.5" to see where they say it on wikipedia.  It wouldn't let me post the URL here.

Thanks Phll!

My biggest frustration with the Charge is the bluetooth.  I really hope 2.3.5 fixes that.  I also hope that VZW/Samsung gets it right.  The Thunderbolt update was released and almost immediately got pulled due to multiple bugs.  VZW has offered to let me try the Bionic.  At this point, I think I'll take them up on it.  Not that it is anyone's fault... I just can't bring myself to keep waiting.  I really do like the rest of the Charge.  If the Bionic doesn't fix my problems, I'll be back.

0 Likes
bluevolume
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lots of "fuzzy" info in this thread guys.  Take it with a grain of salt.  The person that started this thread is drawing a lot of their own conclusions based on things they are reading on Twitter, and its all 2nd and 3rd hand info with some personal commentary added.

0 Likes
russv61

Bluevolume

I've been googling "samsung droid charge gingerbread" for months.

Digging through every site and forum I found.

Houstonheart seems to have some of the most believable info I could find.

I hope that he's right about the updates, but wrong about how long its going to take to get them.

I'd also like to hear your opinion on the updates.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
It is nice to hear some info on the charge as there really is no news about it or updates for it. Verizon nor samsung say anything about it, other phones and phone owners are kept in the loop for the most part. I've found alot of information and insight helpful on here.
0 Likes
Clark75115
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems like we have heard all this before.  I'll believe it when I see it.   But at this point Verizon could give me the hope diamond, I wouldn't care.  I still think they have been irresponsible and indifferent to their customers.    I am counting the months until my contract is up and it is Bye Bye Verizon and Samsung.   I have been a good customer for 12 years, paid my bills and fulfilled my contracts and I get nothing in return except for regret and frustration.   They don't care at all about any of their customers so it is time to go.

The best I can hope for is the Verizon fails miserably and is shut down, in a humiliating way.

0 Likes
bluevolume
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clark75115 wrote:

It seems like we have heard all this before.  I'll believe it when I see it.   But at this point Verizon could give me the hope diamond, I wouldn't care.  I still think they have been irresponsible and indifferent to their customers.    I am counting the months until my contract is up and it is Bye Bye Verizon and Samsung.   I have been a good customer for 12 years, paid my bills and fulfilled my contracts and I get nothing in return except for regret and frustration.   They don't care at all about any of their customers so it is time to go.

The best I can hope for is the Verizon fails miserably and is shut down, in a humiliating way.

That's what I'm talking about; these threads are not helping people.  They are just making them more frustrated.  The ONLY thing Verizon has ever said is that there is an update coming at some point.  They haven't said anything about the version of Android or when the update could actually come.  The "leaks" that are talked about here are giving false impressions of what Verizon is doing, since there is absolutely no guarantee that any of them will see the light of day.

I agree that it is fairly likely that Verizon will release an OTA update that is some iteration of the latest "2.3.5" leak.  But, until it actually happens its all speculation.  

0 Likes