Please unlock the boot loader on ALL motorola Droids
bolski
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just don't understand why you will allow the boot loader to be unlocked on some Droids, but not all.

We're stuck with bloatware on the phones most people do not want. Also, in the case of the X2, it has been proven that having custom ROMs removes the music skipping issue completely. Yet, we are forced to have to either void the warranty, root the device and put on custom ROMs or run custom scripts to fix an issue that could be fixed if you allowed the boot loader to be unlocked.

I paid for the device. If I brick it, it's my fault, period. Other carriers allow the boot loaders to be unlocked and I don't hear of a problem with them.

I know with the 4G phones, Block C of the network states that you cannot block users from being able to modify their devices, which includes not locking the boot loader. I understand that you are trying to fight this. Don't. Because, once my contract expires, I'm moving onto another carrier that doesn't restrict it's users.

Here's the article that talks about how block c rules do NOT allow the locking of boot loaders:

http://www.talkandroid.com/68708-why-verizon-shouldnt-be-locking-some-bootloaders-and-what-you-can-d...

0 Likes
Re: Please unlock the boot loader on ALL motorola Droids
compchick
0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

Great idea.....but I doubt it'll happen. They don't wanna allow their customers to truly enjoy the phones the way they are designed. I know there are people around here that don't agree with ROMS and that's fine, but ya know what "I" bought that phone and I should be able to do with it as I wish. As long as I don't do something that will interact with the phone connecting to their network, who really cares what I do with it. I don't buy a car from GM and change the wheels out or add accessories to it only to have GM tell me 'sorry we can't honor the warranty because you took the wheels it came with off of the vehicle'. Regardless of what anyone says it "IS" the same thing

0 Likes
bolski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I guess it will be time to start looking for another carrier if Verizon can't allow Motorola to do what they've allowed HTC to do which is unlock boot loaders.

I just can't fathom WHY they've allowed HTC and Samsung to do it, but not Motorola?

0 Likes