Poor Reception and Signal
so8sk

I have had the droid incredible 2 for about a month now.  The reception is AWFUL.  The phone constantly has a weak signal or no signal.  I did NOT have the issue with the MOTO Droid.  And, yes, the weak or no signal translates into reception problems.  I am constantly being told by folks that they have called me and my phone did not ring and I do not have a missed call.  Often times, it will take almost a half-hour to have a voice mail (from a call i never received) register on my phone.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the signal/reception?  AI haven't moved.  I live in the same place I lived with my MOTO Droid, and I did not have any reception/signal issues with my Moto Droid.

Thank you for any help.  I'm so frustrated by the missed calls that I don't even know I missed.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Reception and Signal
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

try *228 and update

0 Likes
so8sk

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that update a few days ago, and there has been no difference in the reception/signal strength.

0 Likes
RescueEMT911

I contacted HTC this morning 6/9/11, and asked about my weak signal/poor service with my HTC Incredible 2 and was told that they would report my problem to their software development team, but she also said that they have NO reports or trouble issues listed with the Incredible 2 for weak or poor signal, so basically HTC has no idea that the problem is occuring.  I ask that anyone who has a problem with their phone signal or fluctuating meter to contact HTC directly so the Incredible 2 development team can be aware of this.  You can contact HTC directly at 1-866-449-8358, this way they can actually be aware of the problem that is occuring with the phone!

0 Likes
drtroostr

Likewise here with my Dinc2. I have had it for about 4 days and have dropped more calls than I ever did in 2 years with a BB 8530. This is a killer phone, but with weak signal strength, it's pretty useless. Regardless of bars, which I usually only have none or maybe 1, my signal is only 90-100dBm. I spend more time in 1X than 3G and that is killing an already short battery life. I really like this phone and would love to keep it, but I cannot if this continues. I have read many forums with owners complaining of the same problem. Can't wait to see if Gingerbread update will fix this because my 14 day replacement period with Verizon will be up and I will have no choice but to keep it.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello so8sk,

I know it can be frustrating having signal issues with your device. You mentioned you already dial *228 and selected option 2. Exactly how long has this issue been occurring? What city and state are you located in? Please let me know so I can help since this is not a commonly reported issue with your device.

0 Likes
AnnLeBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have bad reception & signal. I'm on my third Inc2!! First one had signal/reception issue so they exchanged it.Second one still had issue but also had speaker problems. Exchange again. Should have left it alone after that but love the phone so much I decided to give it one more chance! Third Inc2, still has reception/signal issue, however, I have never dropped a call or missed a call. No data issue as well. When I "awake" phone, it will have all the bars lit up, then they all go away. Does that very often at random times. I DID report this to someone at VW customer support, so how far it will go, who knows??  I have never had any reception issue where I live before. I also compared it to 3 other phones in my household and none of them have this issue. IPhone having the best signal!! Hopefully software update will get this fixed!! Well after they finish taking care of the allmighty Charge & Thunderbolt!! Very disappointed in this phone and of course after all that exchanging, my 14 days are up!!

0 Likes
so8sk

This issue has been going on since I purchased the phone.  I am in Richmond, VA.  Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

0 Likes
so8sk

Sorry.  I purchased the phone the first week of May.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Try not to pay attention to the, "Number of Bars", Be interested in the signal strength number. Either look at it under SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE   or get the app Real Signal which shows the signal strength of both the EVDO and CDMA signal.

Anything below -95dBm is a fine signal. Although the closer you get the -70's the quicker your data speed will be.  You get above -100dBm and you may drop a call, and data is SLOW. 

My Dinc and now Tbolt will show zero bars on occasion, but I will have a -90dBm signal.

0 Likes